Author Topic: Elizabeth Allen of Athlone  (Read 4553 times)

Offline farmyard

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Allen of Athlone
« on: Tuesday 06 January 09 21:59 GMT (UK) »
I have very little to go on but would appreciate any help if it is out there on Elizabeth Allen born abt. 1809 in Athlone. She went to Manchester and married Joseph Pott in 1829. They lived in Newton Heath, Lancashire where they had about 10 children, George Allen Pott being my gr.grandfather, born 1846, who moved to Liverpool with his family. They were in the butchery business. Thanks.  Averil.

Offline Shylock

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Allen of Athlone
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 October 10 13:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I'm afraid I dont have any information on Elizabeth, and I would appreciate you passing it on if you find any, but it would seem that we are related. Joseph Potts is my GGG Grandfather and my line comes down through his daughter Nancy who married William Ogden from Failsworth in 1856. I have found Joseph's father Ratcliffe Potts who married Sarah Mather in 1806 and I beleive that Ratcliffe's parents were John & Margaret. if you want any more info about my line please let me know.

Ted

Offline farmyard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Allen of Athlone
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 October 10 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ted, Thank you for your message. Completely unexpected as it is sometime since I posted my message.  I would very much like any more information about the family POTT and others. I hadn't made my mind up about Joseph's parents.  Usually the children were given names of those gone before and none of Josephs have been named Sarah or Ratcliffe. Sarah & Ratcliffe have children Ratcliffe, Joseph, Rosanne, Mary Anne, Hannah, Elizabeth, George. What do you think? Have you Nancy's wedding lines?  I have a copy of Joseph and Elizabeths wedding lines in the Cathedral but there are only witnesses mentioned. One of them is Abraham Lees. I can let you have a copy of that. There is a Joseph married a Mary Lees in the Cathedral M/c 17 October 1802. The other Joseph chr 24 Mar 1805 (Cathedral) are parents Enock and Ann. I can't reconcile the names again.  Would be please to hear your opinion. I haven't anything concrete about Elizabeth Allen just ideas. Thank you. Averil nee Pott.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php