Author Topic: Dr. John Seymour Batten  (Read 9081 times)

Offline Barrie Green

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. John Seymour Batten
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 January 15 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello Swan/Stephen, I'm trying your Rootschat connection first as I am in Palmerston North!

My New Year's Resolution is to revisit again the complex life of Dr. John (Seymour) Batten. I have been for the last couple of years been in contact with a Boutmy descendant - JSB's ?2nd wife and between us we have come to the conclusion that your gggrandfather born in Kincardine, Scot. may be the one I'm chasing. So I would love to know a couple of things as S.A. Records are so difficult to obtain.

Do you have any details of Dr. J S Batten's marriage to Charlotte Foch? That way it may have the name of his father - and that would help. Or the exact date of the marriage.

Do you have a Copy of Charles Fitzgerald Seymour Batten's Christening at St. Paul's Church, Port Elizabeth. If he was born 30 April 1873, they were not always christened soon after.

Looking forward to hearing from you when time permits.
Faith.

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 January 15 06:28 GMT (UK) »
There is a scan of the baptism of Seymour Willoughby Gerard Batten on familysearch.  He was born on 18 December 1876 and christened on 28 January 1877 in Mossel Bay.
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline Barrie Green

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 January 15 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Nookie, I have SWGB's birth date from his Death Certificate but didn't think about his christening.
I do appreciate all this extra data.
Faith.