Author Topic: Jonathon Henry LING  (Read 13666 times)

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Jonathon Henry LING
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 02:47 BST (UK) »
SMH 20 Oct 1917 Roll of Honour - http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/15754481
LING - Died of wounds, October 3, Private Harold E. Ling, eldest son of Mrs F Ling, Stuart-street Manly

naa.gov.au Service Record (digital copy online)
LING, Harold Edward: Service Number - 470 : Place of Birth - Bathurst NSW : Place of Enlistment - Armidale NSW : Next of Kin - (Mother) LING Fanny
Record shows: Wounded in Action (France), died of wounds received in Action 3/10/1917 at 1st London General Hospital Camberwell London. Buried Brookwood Cemetery.
NOK (Mother): Fanny Ling, Stewart Street, Manly
Will leaves everything to nieces Joyce and Olive Glasson of Union street Lismore

Sister's marriage:
NSW BDM 4259/1904 Beatrice N LING and Harold T GLASSON
GLASSON-LING marriage SMH 4May1904 http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/14617677

Offline Carly muller

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 04:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks I knew this.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 04:45 BST (UK) »
Well found, Cupoflife, and good to know that Carly was already aware of this info. 

Carly, May I please ask .... what other info are you seeking about Henry and Fanny?

I am looking for information about Henry john ling mother Susannah Mary ling, . Henry john married fanny croft in 1873 Bathurst, lived in Manly, worked at gas works

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Carly muller

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 05:52 BST (UK) »
I know a lot about fanny, as my grandmother told me, but i know very little about Henry, I do know he was the first stoker at the new, at the time manly gas works, that he had some sort of accident, invalid and died when my grandmother was young. However I just wanted to find out where he came from. It seems to me that some people get him mixed up with Henry c ling, from mainland origins , son of Morley ling from maitland.

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Jonathon Henry Ling
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 05:57 BST (UK) »
In fact JH (named Henry John) and SM were both baptised on the same day, 30 June 1837, at St Anne’s Limehouse, though their surname is indexed as LONG.

Like you I started off with very little information about the LING family. A distant cousin had a copy of the 1855 English marriage certificate of our great-grandparents, William KENNERSON and Susannah LING, which showed they married at St Mary Bow Stratford (east of the City of London). It also gave her father as John LING, occupation sawyer. For a long time I had no more detail.

Deborah

Could this be your Susannah Mary Ling/Long married William Kenerison/Kennison/Kennerson/?
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=marycotter&id=I95306474
Christening: 30 Jun 1837 St Anne’s Limehouse
Death: 1887 age 49 in Williamstown, Victoria, Australia

Note: arrived Victoria March 1857 on the 'Admiral Boxer' age given 19

http://www.gmct.com.au/deceased-search.aspx
Williamstown Cemetery; [W] Methodist; Location METH*B*13**2
Susannah Mary Kenerison; age 49; date of service 21 Mar 1887; Reg No38252
William Henry Kenerison; age 49; date of service 13 Jan 1880; Reg No 36851

http://www.australiancemeteries.com/vic/hobsonsbay/meth.htm
Photo 709 KENNERSON Susannah; age 49; 1887/; spouse William         

Offline Carly muller

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 06:15 BST (UK) »
 So was Susannah his sister?

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 07:13 BST (UK) »
These appear to be children of John Ling/Long and 2nd wife Mary Jane Muzzard
Jonathon 'John' Henry Ling
Susannah Mary Ling
Henry Ling
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=marycotter&id=I95484593
Children of John Ling/Long and 1st wife Susannah ? Smith?
William Ling

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 10:47 BST (UK) »
The baptism register for Limehouse St Anne for 1837 shows baptisms on June 30, 1837 for
Henry John LING, born: February 7 1836
Susannah Mary LING, born March? 10, 1837
The entry for Susannah is quite faded in parts but the parents listed for both babies are: John (sawyer) and Mary, residence: Poplar

PROV has a digitised will for
Wm Henry KINNINSON, d 11 Jan 1880, foreman of the gas works, of Nelson Place, Williamstown. Bequests to Sarah KENNINSON, William Henry KENNINSON and John Edward KENNINSON; there is alsomention of a Henry George KENNINSON.  He signs the will as KENNISON with a letter 'n' arrowed between the 'i' and the 's'. 

http://prov.vic.gov.au/index_search?searchid=54

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Carly muller

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 10 September 17 08:22 BST (UK) »
I read the information on Susannah and Jonathan ling. I know this is correct. On my gggf death certificate he had his sister listed as next of kin. I know that she lived in Williamstown, and her husband was a gas blower. Henry(Jonathan) was also the first gas blowerstoker at the new Manly gas works. I believe Jonathan came to Australia via MelbourneT the age of twenty one. His sister and her husband came later. My grandmother's name was Alice, she had an older sister Susannah, unfortunately she died under the age of two. My grandmother actually married a man whose surname was Ling, he came from Suffolk, not a relative.