Author Topic: Old Dalbeth M.I.  (Read 64042 times)

Offline deirdreblagbrough

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Old Dalbeth M.I.
« Reply #126 on: Monday 07 March 16 08:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello Suzanne,
My great grandfather was James McElhinney. His second wife was Catherine Docherty. I have copied text taken from the Docherty headstone in Old Dalbeth plus death certificates. I hope this is of some help to you.
Regards Deirdre

Erected by Charles Doherty in memory of his children, Agnes Premature birth, Born 5th June 1876, died 6th June 1876. Cecilia measles, Born 13th March 1884 died 9th Mar 1887. Elizabeth phthisis pulmonalis ie TB, Born 31st July 1869 died 18th Dec 1887. Magdalen cerebral haemorrage following head injury, Born 25th may 1877 died 8th Sept 1889. Charles , Born 28th July 1874 died 24th Sept 1893 TB + Brights Disease / nephritis . Also of Ann Glass unreadable, his wife who died 18th October 1894 aged 56. The above Charles Doherty, who died 21 Dec 1903 Aged 76 (on side of stone) Pray for the souls of Catherine TB, Died 8th Jan 1914. Aged 22. Leo TB Died 8th Jan 1922. Aged 26.

Beloved children of Catherine Doherty McElhinney.

Offline suzanne burgess

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday 08 March 16 06:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deirdre, Thank you for the info I will check with my family tree to see if they connect, was wondering if you have Keenan or Gallacher in your tree ?

regards Suzanne

Offline deirdreblagbrough

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday 08 March 16 12:29 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, just Kellys and McElhinneys
Regards  Deirdre

Offline CorneRinaldi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Sunday 30 October 16 08:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gerry,

Can you please send me the information you have for Murphy's buried at St Peter's cemetery.

Also I have confirmation from a distant relative that Biago Rinaldi had a private lair. Where can I find more information or photos.

Offline Cellayne

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Sunday 14 May 17 16:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Gerry

I was wondering if you send me the information you have for Smith buried at Dalbeth (101 & 102 on the list).  We are trying to locate my Great Grandparents grave with very little info so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michelle Sneddon

Offline amberdog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Sunday 25 June 17 17:35 BST (UK) »
Is there a MI for Lair 79.  My relatives, Peter Connell, a still born was the first to be buried there in 1871.  Followed in 1873 by another still born also called Peter Connell.  The father Peter Connell is buried in 1887.

Then my Grans brother William Gilmour is buried there in 1892 only a few months old.  Then my Gran's grandmother, Helen Connell (nee Bonar) is buried 1906.  Connell was her 2nd married name.

And finally my Grans aunt Margaret Craig Gilmour is buried in 1938 there. 

Many thanks and sorry if I may have asked this before.  I cannot recall now, but I've just stumbled across the 1938 burial due to the free Roman Catholic registers on FindMyPast this weekend.

Offline MacPean

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday 05 July 17 18:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Gerry

Could you possibly send me the details of the inscription for Black - 1.

Thank you :)

Offline McDoo2219

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Monday 07 August 17 21:15 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know if Old Dalbeth Cemetery is accessible to the public? I saw on earlier posts that it was closed for "restoration" about eight years ago, but haven't seen an update regarding reopening. We will be in Glasgow in a few days' time and I'm wondering if it's worth a visit.

Offline McDoo2219

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Monday 07 August 17 21:35 BST (UK) »
I just want to thank Gerry for doing this work, and hopefully you're still replying to PMs as I've just located Ann Dougan in Dalbeth (34, I think) and will be contacting you shortly.