Author Topic: Christianna Williams compleated  (Read 4217 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Christianna Williams
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 January 09 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Think I gave the 1861 ref:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,323403.msg2040186.html#msg2040186

Quite a bit of the greater Wrexham area is missing in 1841. I can't remember whether I checked for the grandparents on it - it's a while ago.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Valley

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 11 January 09 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I dont have birth cert just from IGI seems to fit though Bap July 1846 this is not my family but a friends so will get her to send for that birth reg in Wrexham I think .
1861 name dubson
NEWTON Plymouth Devon : LEWRY Sussex: HARTLEY Sussex: HUNFORD London: SIMMONS Cornwall : BLACKLER Devon: HARNBLOW London & Sussex : DRISCOLL London : BISHOP East Sussex: BROUGHTON Lincs : WHITMARSH Sussex :

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 11 January 09 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Oh yes, I see them now. They're "Dubson" in both 1861 and 1841, when they don't have any children  :-\

"My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Valley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 11 January 09 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Just going through my notes my friend gave me
Christianna had sister Elizebeth - Dresmaker lived calverhall An Aunt raised christianna children was Elizebeth a Dalson or williams!! I wonder.
Elizebeth married a guy called mr cliffe I am even more confused now.
Val
NEWTON Plymouth Devon : LEWRY Sussex: HARTLEY Sussex: HUNFORD London: SIMMONS Cornwall : BLACKLER Devon: HARNBLOW London & Sussex : DRISCOLL London : BISHOP East Sussex: BROUGHTON Lincs : WHITMARSH Sussex :

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 11 January 09 13:03 GMT (UK) »
The Elizabeth you mention seems to be the daughter of Joseph and Ellen Dulson- she's age 34 and a dressmaker on the 1891 census and goes on to marry a George Cliffe in Sep 1900.

The question is precisely how to prove that Elizabeth and Christiana were sisters, I'd say?  :-\
(bearing in mind that Joseph and Ellen were already shown as married in 1841, therefore if they were telling the truth, their children should have been registered as Dulson. Also the IGI christening gives a mother Sarah for Christianna, not Ellen)
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Valley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 11 January 09 13:18 GMT (UK) »
I think what I will do is order the birth cert from wrexham even if wrong we are not sure of death either, what would she be doing in workhouse in 1869 we do she died young and its the only death we could find listed she did not marry both the children app had diff fathers although was told father was the same person from Cuddington one was born at cuddington the other Ash Parva Lea Hall Lodge.
It is a mystery maybe g children means step children but still find no link to that may be uncle /aunt

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 11 January 09 13:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Val

I assume you've seen this link:

http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Holywell/Holywell.shtml

It might not give much info on  Christianna but it does say that Flintshire Reocrds Office hold the registers for Births and Deaths for Holywell Workhouse from 1848 to 1917/1936.  They might give more info than the death cert  :-\

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Valley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 11 January 09 13:52 GMT (UK) »
I have contacted them the only death they had was one I had but they could find no record of a grave in the area

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 11 January 09 14:28 GMT (UK) »
I think what I will do is order the birth cert from wrexham even if wrong we are not sure of death either, what would she be doing in workhouse in 1869 we do she died young and its the only death we could find listed she did not marry

Hi Val

You said that she died of TB from the death cert. It was quite likely in those days that, if she was poor, she would have gone to the workhouse when she was too ill to work.  See this site for conditions, etc. in Workhouses in the nineteenth century  http://www.workhouses.org.uk/

Also, regarding the Wrexham birth cert.  I think I gave the ref to it back in August last year:

There's a birth registration for Christiana Williams, Wrexham, Sept q, 1846, vol 27 page 254

and then checked the Registration District that Newton juxta Malpas was in:

Click for Map

and:

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/chs/newtonbymalpas.html

It was in Wrexham RD - 1837-1853

I'm sure that is enough evidence to risk buying the birth cert.

Regards

Gadget