Author Topic: Pettigrove/Frost/Lee/Rossiter/Hills  (Read 45194 times)

Offline DONKEY1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pettigrove/Frost/Lee/Rossiter/Hills
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 07 January 10 22:11 GMT (UK) »
Sorry message did,nt make sence. Stow On The wold holds a big horse fair every year, Have you ever been Rebekahm 28

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 08 January 10 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Donkey, his son was Punch (or was it grandson, I havent got my tree with me at min and cant remember), hes still alive in Wales!  Punchs daughter is in touch with me.  Im Samson Roberts 2xgreat granddaughter but no-one seems to know a deal about that side except me lol.    Yes we go to Stow, and also Kenilworth horse fair which is 20 mins from us and kushti!    Donkey, I have no photos, only of my great gran Gentila Roberts and her sister Harty.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline DONKEY1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 08 January 10 10:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi  Rebekahm, I live 10 mins from Stow mate. So are we related? I will have to look at all my familytree stuff. Get back to me, I can see you are in touch with Rita, She is lovely, she has gave me lots of imfo. I can remmber Punch, because he married my mother sister. Thankyou Rebekahm, Get in touch with me anytime. Diane

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 08 January 10 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Diane its nice to know your real name lol.  I think we're related but how?  Im so, so pleased that a couple of people in the family, including you, are proud of their roots!  To think our lot were all gypsies in vans & tents and now the descendants mostly dont even know about it.  I wonder if any still live the gypsy way, there are Roberts and Rossiters down Sussex and Kent on gypsy sites so we must be related to them.  Whenever we go down the Fosse way we always seem to see vardos, more than anywhere else in the country.  Punch is still alive, I have 5 brothers/sisters on my tree for him. Its Punchs grandad William Roberts (Jockey) that Im connected to, my granny can remember him, shes 87. I found Jockey in 1911 in a vardo in Wales although they were from Kent & Sussex. **Punch's mam was Lydia Emmett, do you know anything about her?  I havent got a thing but its a gypsy name. **
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 08 January 10 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Spursbird, Im interested in the Fossett link, just out of curiosity. Found this:

Robert Fossett, circus proprietor, Ravensthorpe (Kelly's Directory of Northamptonshire, 1906, p 280)

Robert Fossett  circus proprietor, Ravensthorpe (Kelly's Directory of Northamptonshire, 1910)

Robert Fossett  circus proprietor, Tiffield, Towcester (Kelly's Directory of Northampshire, 1914)

Offline DONKEY1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 08 January 10 13:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rebekahm, I knew Punch because he married my aunt besy, Before Besy got married her name was Rossiter, I never knew of Punchs dad. I could,nt tell you anything on Punch family, as I said I only remmber Punch. I can tell you on theRossiters side. And Pettigroves. I think the only way we are collected, is throught married. I am too so interested in the family tree. So you don,t live far from me. Please keep in touch. with anymore imfo. Best Wishes Diane x

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 08 January 10 23:04 GMT (UK) »
Punchs wife Besy/Betsy died in 2002. Their daughter born 1957 is on Facebook but I cant put her name on here as shes still alive. But I have Besy as being the youngest of 11 children. Ive traced back to Richard Rossiter 1757 but dont know where he was born and only have 1 child for him. Take care  xx

Offline DONKEY1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 08 January 10 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rebekahm, I know they had two girls and 1 boy. My mum passed away in 1998, and I knew that aunt Besy was,nt  long after mum. Can we email? I am not sure if we can. Not sure the rules on here. Best Wishes x

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 09 January 10 16:09 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I have 2 girls and 1 boy for them.  My email address will get deleted if I put it on here but I'll private message you.