Author Topic: COMPLETED- PARISH MARRIAGE RECORDS. WILSON/BARKER  (Read 4506 times)

Offline morgan

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
COMPLETED- PARISH MARRIAGE RECORDS. WILSON/BARKER
« on: Wednesday 09 February 05 21:53 GMT (UK) »
Mary Louisa Barker born 1841 married Robert Wilson born 1839? on 19/01/1869 in Bangor.  I have no church noted so am unable to order a cert from GRO.  I have lots of info on the Barker family but nothing on the Wilsons so have hit a real stumbling block here, any ideas?

Thanks
Gillian
BARKER -coastguards and seafarers in UK and Ireland
WILSON- Farmers and seafarers UK and Ulster
MOLYNEUX-Married a WILSON?
DAWSON-GEORGE,basket manufacturer in Belfast 1900, daughter MINNIE EMILY married FW WILSON in Belfast 1900 fled to AUSTRALIA? circa 1913 leaving husband and 3 children HARRIET,SIDNEY,NORMAN WILSON.

Offline Anthony

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: PARISH MARRIAGE RECORDS. WILSON/BARKER
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 February 05 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi. The GRO won't have the Certificate, the City Hall have the Certificate.
The GRO only hold Marriage Certificates from 1922 to date but they have the index information.

You need to apply to the GRO and they send your application to the City Hall and they send the Certificate to you.

You could Telephone the LDS Church in Belfast
02890/768250 they hold Microfilms on marriages back to 1845 and they are very helpfull.

Belfast Family History Center
C/O The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints
403 Holywood Rd Belfast BT 4

Anthony

Offline morgan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 February 05 10:54 GMT (UK) »
Anthony

Thanks so much for the advice.  Does it matter that I don't have any details about the Church or parish?  I do have the exact date and both names, is that enough?

Gillian
DAWSON-GEORGE,basket manufacturer in Belfast 1900, daughter MINNIE EMILY married FW WILSON in Belfast 1900 fled to AUSTRALIA? circa 1913 leaving husband and 3 children HARRIET,SIDNEY,NORMAN WILSON.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 February 05 11:56 GMT (UK) »
This pay to view site has a couple of Index entries for a Robert Wilson marrying in County Down in 1869:

http://www.ancestryireland.co.uk/quis.php?page=3&prevStartQuery=20&surname=wilson&firstname=robert&year_of=1869&template=marriages&title=Marriage%20records%20for%20Antrim%20and%20Down

The index is free but only gives name/county/year. You then have to buy credit at £10 to 'open up' more of the index info and view up to five full register entries (which should give spouse's details, location etc).

Problem is, none of them may be 'your' Robert but you won't know until you pay.  i

Note: link no longer valid. See [shrink link] at bottom of page to shorten long links.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline morgan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 February 05 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much for your advice.  I entered the Ulster Historical Foundation website and was about to pay my £10  search fee when I spotted a members list and found a cousin who I've been trying to trace since I started my search last year, I'd nearly given up hope after posting messages on SO many boards!! Seems he has a gap in his tree that I can fill and vice versa. I can't thank you enough!!!

Gillian.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 12 February 05 21:02 GMT (UK) »
;D...it's good when something like that happens.....especially when you can fill gaps for each other.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .