Author Topic: Bernard McAuley/McCauley Fermanagh  (Read 4454 times)

Offline npl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bernard McAuley/McCauley Fermanagh
« on: Wednesday 14 January 09 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello Everyone,
        I am wondering if anyone can help me solve a problem. My great grandfather, JOHN McCAWLEY, came from Fermanagh. On his marriage certificate he stated that his fathers name was BERNARD and that his father was a farmer in Fermanagh.

I have found one BERNARD McAULEY in Mullyneeney, Kinawley,  one BERNARD McCAULY in Drumgague, Killesher and another BERNARD McCAULY in Drummoan or Newtate. These were in Griffiths Valuation.

I think JOHN was born about the mid 1830s, but I cannot seem to find church records for the area that go back that far.  Has anyone any idea of how I should proceed or even if I can? Any and all suggestions welcome. Thank you in advance.

Nora

Offline moraylass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bernard McAuley/McCauley Fermanagh
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 May 09 13:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Nora,
I have a Bernard McAuley married to Bridget Dougherty.

Their daughter Margaret McAuley married John Hoy/Hoey in Monea R.C Chapel, Derrygonnelly, Fermanagh on 26th August 1857.

Margaret died in Glasgow , her death cert gives her parents names, her father is described as a farmer. Her age is given as 75, which gives her a birthdate of c.1840.
Regards,
Jan
Co Fermanagh,  Treacy, Greer, McGovern, Ellis,McSherry, Dundas, Stinson, Cox, McAuley,Connell, Dolan, Hoey/Hoy.

Offline npl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bernard McAuley/McCauley Fermanagh
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 May 09 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan,
    Thank you for your reply to my post.  Do you know if your Bernard McAuley had a son called John born about 1835? Do you know where in Fermanagh he had a farm or if he farmed for someone else?

Kindest regards,

Nora