Author Topic: John Ellis JONES, b. abt 1812 Machynlleth, d. 1891 Newtown - COMPLETED  (Read 8326 times)

Offline Hilary E. Jones

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Ellis JONES, b. abt 1812 Machynlleth, d. 1891 Newtown - COMPLETED
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 September 14 15:46 BST (UK) »
Hi, As your last post was written years ago you have probably sorted your problem! There are several Ellis Jones in my husband's family, including John Ellis Jones. They hailed from the Ystradfawr family in Llanbrynmair. Family also lived Machynlleth, Newtown, etc

Offline Ruth T

• RootsChat Extra
  • My Great great grandmother Ann David
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 September 14 18:57 BST (UK) »
Hello Hilary

I have made some progress with John Ellis JONES since my last post.  I now have the details of his marriage to Jane DACKIN.  They were married by banns in Llanidloes on 22 May 1835.  As this was pre civil registration details of his father are not recorded so I have been unable to go back any further.  There are several possible baptisms in Machynlleth that could be him but if you are able to give me further information on my 3 x great grandfather I would be very grateful.   
Jones, Maesyward, WSD, Glam
Thomas, Wern Fawr, WSD, Glam
Christopher, Llantrithyd, Glam
Hopkin, St Hilary, Glam
Williams, Alltlas, Peterston, Glam
Tudor, Llandyfodwg & Llansannor
Thomas, Llwyncrwn, Llantrisant
Sands, Llandough-juxta-Cowbridge, Glam

Offline Hilary E. Jones

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 08 September 14 01:22 BST (UK) »
I don't know any married a Jane Dackin but try looking at church records of other local parishes ie Darowen, Cemmaes, Newtown, Llanllwchaiarn, Tregynon, Aberhafesp, Llanwnog, Bettws Cedewain, Cemmaes and Trefeglwys. When there were about a dozen children to each family, the children of each were all named after their aunts and uncles so each generation there would be about a dozen Ellis Jones and there are a few John Ellis Jones. Hope you are connected, it's  great family going back to the princes, well worth the search! My husband also has an Ann David on his tree but she was from Llanymawddwy. We have one John Ellis Jones 1897-1951 who married Florence May and they are buried at Llanllwchaiarn. Also have a J. Ellis Jones son of Ellis Jones and Sarah A. nee . Davies. I hope this might be helpful. Have you joined the Montgomeryshire Genealogical Society? Best wishes, Hilary