Author Topic: Roberts / Iball / Ford / Scott - Flintshire / Hawarden  (Read 3281 times)

Offline EmilyJ

• I am sorry but my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Roberts / Iball / Ford / Scott - Flintshire / Hawarden
« on: Thursday 22 January 09 16:27 GMT (UK) »
I have been researching my family history and I've hit a few dead ends, any help or information anyone has would be great!

Edward Roberts (1896) is my Great Grandfather, he had a relationship with both Ida Scott and Elsie Ford (Ida was Elsies Aunt, her mothers sister) Elsie Ford was born in 1872 and died in 1927, she had a sister called Ethel (1883) and a brother called George (1887) Their parents were George Ford (1854) and Mary Ford (1858)

I would appreciate any information on the Ford Family, especially Mary and Georges wedding (maiden name) and any other relatives and connections. Also. . .

Edward Roberts (1896)'s parents were Charles Roberts (1867-1924) and Sarah Iball (1861-1938) Sarah had a brother called Paul (1858) and their parents were Edward (1836) and Mary (1826)

I am interested in finding out more about the Iball family (and Mary 1826's maiden name)

I've also been looking into Charles Roberts (1867-1924)'s Family, I have got as far back as his grandparents

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Emily!

:)

Offline welsh lady

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Roberts / Iball / Ford / Scott - Flintshire / Hawarden
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 January 09 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Hiya another Rootschat member seems to be researching the same family.Check out the last posts of member gw1979.

Best Wishes
Welsh Lady
This information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Amor/Amer-Bromham Wiltshire,Hertfordshire,Suffolk.
Pyett-Suffolk
Wolfenden-Cambridgeshire,Huntingdonshire
Bird,Nash-Essex.
Anderson,-London.Bethnal Green,Shoreditch,Hackney
King-,Uxbridge,Shoreditch,Bethnal Green
Edwards,Roberts,Lane,Price,Williams-Llanelli.
Roberts-Pembroke Dock

Offline GAYNOR WILKINSON

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 February 09 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Emily,

Paul was born in the September quarter of 1857 and I think Mary's maiden was Jones and married Edward in 1855 again in the September quarter Vol a page 463. There is a death record for Edward in December quarter of 1897 and possible parents of Edward are Thomas 1674 and Catherine 1676 - 1756. As for Charles Roberts, I haven't got any further than Robert 1793.

I'm thinking of paying a visit to Hawarden records sometime soon, I will let you know.

x Gaynor
Frimston Flint
Roberts Hawarden, Whitby
Iball Bistre, Hawarden
Ford Staffordshire
Scott Staffordshire
Wilkinson Cheshire

Offline GAYNOR WILKINSON

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 February 09 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Emily,

It's me again!

By the way, Mary as in married to George was Higginson, they were married in 1879 at St Peter, Stepenhill, Staffordshire and I have just found Mary's parents - Thomas Higginson born abt 1818 in Audley, Staffordshire and Ann (possibly Baggaley) born abt 1823 in Audley Staffordshire also possible marriage 1841 Woolstanton Ashton Under Lyme.

I seem to be on a roll tonight.
keep you posted.

x Gaynor
Frimston Flint
Roberts Hawarden, Whitby
Iball Bistre, Hawarden
Ford Staffordshire
Scott Staffordshire
Wilkinson Cheshire

Offline StephenAndrews1963

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 July 10 15:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Emily,

I have a Margaret IBALL in my tree, born around 1874 in Buckley. Unfortunately, I do not know anything else about her except that she married my Great Grandfather's brother Joseph ARROWSMITH in 1902. By 1911 they had moved to Huthwaite in Nottinghamshire, along with most of the Arrowsmith brothers, where Margaret died from Tuberculosis on Christmas Day in 1930. She is buried in Huthwaite Cemetery.

Any connection?

Regards,

Stephen Andrews
Brussels, Belgium
Martin, Arrowsmith, Lambert, Lemon, Colton, Sheppard, Hutchinson, Rowe, Tong, Lewis, Notts, Yorks, Flint.