Author Topic: Coroners Reports  (Read 4944 times)

Offline nestagj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Coroners Reports
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 30 July 09 14:13 BST (UK) »
Dolgellau hold the Merioneth Coroner's Reports so you may be lucky and find the Pwllheli ones in Caernarfon; if you phone the Archive the staff there are extremely helpful.  Don't worry about speaking Welsh the reports, if they are there) will be written in English.  When I was looking for "my" fatal accident the staff at Dolgellau had also got out for me the "Police Occurences" book for the area - perhaps there is one for Pwllheli.  Are you sure that it will come under Pwllheli - Llandwrog is actually closer to Caernarfon.  Hope this helps
N

Offline jimbach

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 July 09 14:47 BST (UK) »
Glenys if the explosion was in Llandwrog parish then try www.nantlle.com    click the union flag for english  tanslations      J.

Offline nestagj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 30 July 09 18:02 BST (UK) »

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 31 October 22 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Glenys

This is an old thread which I have come across whilst looking for something else.

Did you bottom out your query?

There is a report, link following, of an explosion at Cilgwyn Quarry in May 1851 featuring a foreman called John Williams but I cannot at the moment find a report indicating it was fatal, only that it was such that it could prove to be fatal.

I see in the Llanllyfni parish burial book that a John Williams, Glanrafon, Llandwrog was buried 20th may 1851 aged 28 and Register is endorsed "Inquest. Coroner"

Do you now have information that links the parish burial John Williams to the newspaper report John Williams?

https://newspapers.library.wales/view/3765390/3765394/17/
[right hand column, half way down]