Author Topic: Death certificate info - any help?  (Read 912 times)

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Death certificate info - any help?
« on: Friday 11 February 05 12:12 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace a John Crees from Stoke Damerel, and have found a death that is very likely him in 1849.

Can anyone tell me what information would be on a death certificate in 1849.?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death certificate info - any help?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 February 05 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Death certificates vary in their usefullness, I have found! But you'll never know if it contained that vital bit of info unless you get it, even if 9 times out of 10 it doesn't!
Hopefully you will get the date of death, cause of death (interesting if you are sure it is the right person), place of death (useful if the address ties up with something else you have, and so helps confirm it is the right person) and name of person who notifies death (again useful if it is a family member, as it can help confirm it is the right person).
In your example the place of death may be a help if you then find the widow at that same address in 1851.

But usually the info doesnt confirm it one way or the other!
All the best.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death certificate info - any help?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 February 05 12:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Many thanks for that, I will go ahead and get it,and keep my fingers crossed that it gives me something useful.
Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean