Author Topic: WOOD  (Read 4656 times)

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WOOD
« Reply #18 on: Friday 30 January 09 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Agreed - just merged to keep things simple!

Hopefully you can continue to help Rebecca when she is back online!  :)

Jean
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
HRT: Gurney
HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
YKS: Scott(Clapham)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 31 January 09 02:30 GMT (UK) »
Understood Jean. ;D

Rebecca, topics are often merged to save different people doing the same lookups and posting the same results on different boards. Makes sense to merge, but I didn't understand how it all worked when I was a newbie.  ;)

Maggie, good suggestion about posting a link to the main query if posting similar resquests on other boards. Also, perhaps an alternative may be to post a query on the census and resource board. A moderator can always move it to the appropriate county board if necessary.

Anyway Rebecca, let us know if we can help you further.

Offline angel00

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 01 February 09 13:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone

Thank you all very much for all your help, I do really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

I do apologise for posting on different sites, yes you are right I'm new to here about bec they moved around a bit I thought that would be best, but understand about duplicating! I'll know for next time.

The reason I thought Elizabeth's maiden name might have been Penny was because the dob and place of birth was correct and the fact that they were all the same line of work and had connections to both Stockport/Yorkshire it all seemed to fit.... however another member on Ancesty seemed to think that he had found a marriage for this Elizabeth, and it wasnt to Frederick Wood (around the time the boys were born) he thinks it may not be right.

Having said that I do think the births you all found for John & Herbert are correct, I'm going to send off for them to see what information they give me, they should also give me Elizabeth's maiden name... so i'll do that first to see if its correct that she is 'penny'  if not back to the drawing board.

Thats good advice also that Husbands who are not listed at the address are not always listed as deceased (even though they are) bec this could explain why i cant find him.

I have found some death certs for Frederick which might fit with the dates and explain why he's not around... so once I get the boys certs, i can look into those.

1910 Sheffield/1910 Rotherham/1900 Stockport

Again THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH i really appreciate it...  The help i've had on this site has been amazing, especially with the hunt for my marland side.

I'll let you all know how I get on with the birth certs

Rebecca x

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 01 February 09 14:01 GMT (UK) »
Yes, please do let us know whats on the certificate/s.  :D

Offline Maggie.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I haven't a clue about my Roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 01 February 09 14:24 GMT (UK) »
The best of luck with the hunting, Rebecca  :)

Maggie
Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DS

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 03 February 09 14:31 GMT (UK) »

Hi Rebecca

I have just seen this and I am a little concerned that you might be pursuing the wrong birth registration for John Frederick Wood. He was not born in Rotherham.

I think that the correct Registration for him is more likely to be ....

1897 Ecclesall Bierlow JFM quarter 9c 464

DS
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DS

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 03 February 09 15:19 GMT (UK) »

The Birth Registration for Herbert Wood is also more likely to be ....

1894 Ecclesall Bierlow JFM quarter 9c 411

He is shown as aged 7 on the 1901 Census.

Sorry

DS :-\
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 03 February 09 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Oh no! I feel really bad for finding those (wrong) births now .....  :-[

I can just hope that Rebecca asked for a check that the mother must be Elizabeth .....
 :-[

Offline angel00

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 07 February 09 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone

Birth certs came this morning and yes DS you are correct these were not the correct birth certs... my fault I didnt know that I could ask them to check the mothers name!!

They dont have the correct father or mother!!  Here's the details:

Herbert Wood - dob 27.10.1897. Father Walter Wood, mother Alberta Wood - linley st, Sheffield.

John F Wood - dob 36.06.1895. Father Tom Wood, mother Clara Ellen Wood, 36 Morley Rd, Rotherham.

Thanks for the other references looking at the info again, I think you are right.  However, if you could tell me how to ask to check the mother's name I would appreciate it.

As these birth certs as no use to me, I wonder if I could offer them to somebody else??? Somebody else may find use for them, and save them the £7 fee?

I've also found in 1981 this family which looks like mine? RG12/3825/ f87 sch 79. Bard St, Sheffield

Frederick W Wood- 24 General Labourer, b Stockport,

Elizabeth Wood 24 b furness vale, DBY

Frederick W Wood, 2, b stockport ( birth 1889 Mar qtr Stockport 8a 65) 

In the meantime i'm going to send off for the above son Fred born 1889, to see if his birt cert gives me any clues (maybe he died, bec he wasnt with Elizabeth in 1901 or 1911) bec then it may confirm Eliz maiden name and also whether this is the same family who lived at Adswood Lane West.

What do you all think?  Its the only reference I can find in the census which list a Frederick & Elizabeth together? I've definately not found any marriage certs relating to these two, maybe they werent married - or maybe the info on John F Wood's marriage cert about Frederick being the father isnt correct?? I suppose it could be possible.

I would just like to say how grateful I am to you all, for all your help and suggestions, I've been trying to trace this family for years with not much luck!

DS: Your help with my Marland Tree also has been invaluable!

I'll keep you all updated

Rebecca x

Rebecca x