Author Topic: WOOD  (Read 4658 times)

Offline angel00

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WOOD
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 07 February 09 17:25 GMT (UK) »
Whilst waiting for my birth certs, i've been trying to find a marriage between Frederick Wood and Elizabeth on Cheshire BMD.

I've found a marriage between Frederick W Wood and Elizabeth A Hooley in 1887, Werneth, Cheshire. (which would be before Frederick, son was born in 1889)

I've then checked to see where Elizabeth Hooley was born and she was indeed born in Furness Vale (which would match my Elizabeth in 1891, 1901, 1911) she is also listed as a hat fitter in 1881.

In 1881 she was living with her family in Edgely, which is not far from Adswood Lane West where John F Wood lived when he married an Elizabeth in 1919 and where she lived with John F Wood in 1911.

I've sent off for the marriage cert ST77/1/266 from Stockport reg office.  I will also find out when the birth certs arrive.

Its the only Frederick & Elizabeth I can find where the dates/areas seem to match.

What do you think?

Rebecca x

Offline angel00

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WOOD
« Reply #28 on: Monday 16 February 09 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone

John F Wood and Frederick W Wood's birth certs arrived this morning (still waiting for Herbert's) but just wanted to say thanks for the advice and help with trying to trace these as they are correct!

John Frederick Wood, born 12th Feb, 1897, 6 In Court, Caubridge Street, Ecclesall bierlow.  Father Frederick W Wood, general labourer (same address) mother Elizabeth Ann Wood (formerly HOOLEY)

Frederick William Wood born 4th Jan 1889, 4 Lambs Court, Cheadle, Stockport, father Frederick William Wood (living at same address) Assurance agent, mother Elizabeth Ann Wood (formerly HOOLEY)

Now on to trace Frederick W Wood (Father) at least I now know its definately 'W' wood!

Thanks again I cant thank you enough!

Rebecca Marland x