Author Topic: Leaminton Cemetery  (Read 749 times)

Offline TracyL

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Leaminton Cemetery
« on: Tuesday 03 February 09 00:13 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone else have experience of Leamington Cemetery in Brunswick Street?

I recently obtained a copy of my great-aunt's will which stated that a sum of money was to be dedicated to the maintenance of five numbered graves at the cemetery.

This was hugely interesting as I only knew of three possible family members.

I spoke to someone on Friday at the controlling crematoruim who advised me that, without the section number, they were unable to tell me the names of the occupants of the graves.  Of the one name that I had, they were able to give the section number of two of the graves.

We drove for almost two hours on Saturday to the cemetery, only to find that there are absolutely no references or maps to identify the sections, never mind plot or grave locations.  After an hour and a half we found the section (I think) and checked every grave, to no avail.

Why on earth is there no section map displayed in the cemetery?
Another two hour journey home and no new information. 
Judd - Warwickshire
DESLONGRAIS  - MAURITIUS/WALES/WARWICKSHIRE
Durand-Deslongrais - Mauritius/France
Neboden - Mauritius/France
Marks - Staffs/Warwicks
Menday, Lynch, French, Wright - Bermondsey/Southwark
Pett, Lowe, Kelly, Woolf, Baker, Winn, Wilkinson - North London
Tiplady - Bedfordshire

Offline Lemontree

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Leaminton Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 February 09 19:06 GMT (UK) »
They must have a plan at the crem - I telephoned about an interment of ashes and was told that the plot was in the Leamington cem, (I hadn't known that) and then the gent I spoke to gave me the plot number - then proceeded to give me directions to the plot from the front gates.

I would telephone and ask if they have a plan, if you can have a copy, it may be to big to photocopt (shruggs)