Author Topic: Kilbride Cemetery, Kilbride Parish  (Read 9251 times)

Offline crb83

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Kilbride Cemetery, Kilbride Parish
« on: Tuesday 03 February 09 16:39 GMT (UK) »
Would anyone know how to contact a representative of Kilbride Cemetery in/around Kilbride parish near Clara?

The parish records for my family were destroyed. I found one death in 1864 Civil Registration before they emigrated.
If I can find any info on the burial plot which is most likely this cemetery, I can hopefully find other ancestors or more information. My ancestors were of the Church of Ireland parish in Clara. I was in contact with a Rev. from St. Brigid's CofI church and he told me he had no records of this burial in the small church graveyard.

The burial I am in search of is my gr-gr-gr-gr grandfather

Deaths Registered in the District of Clara in the Union of Tullamore, in the County of King's

Nov. 6, 1864 Henry McLain,  Married, age 70 years
Cause of death: (illegible)
Son Henry McLain present at death, Registered 11/9/1864

My earliest records of the family in Clara was in the tithe applotment books.  After that I have only Griffith's Valuation, then 3 civil records between 1864-66 before emigration.  I'll be venturing into cancelled land records to see if any unknown family stayed behind, but if nothing turns up from that or my search for Henry McLain's burial, I'm afraid i've gone as far as possible.

Thanks to anyone with any information,

Chris Beal
MacLean; Kildare, Offaly, Dublin, Meath, Westmeath

Offline scatty

• RootsChat Senior
  • Just love my genes !
    • View Profile
Re: Kilbride Cemetery, Kilbride Parish
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 February 09 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chris,

Saw your post re Clara burials and you may be interested in this.
The Offaly Heritage Society has a book entitled, Clara Parish Burials from Earliest Times by Raphael Kinahan. I don't have a copy myself or know of its contents but its modestly priced and may give a clue. Their website is worth a look at too if you haven't done so already.
I have obtained other reference books from them and they have been very useful.

Good Luck in your search.
Scatty.
Fitzgerald/Mullane/Riordan/Heaphy/Barrett, O'Brien, Doneraile area
McCormack/ Brophy/Egan/Gavin,  Tullamore area
McCormack, Corr, Dublin
Hennessey and Heaphy in South Wales Valleys

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk