Author Topic: Bridgenorth BAGGOTTs (C20th)  (Read 936 times)

Offline The Geneal Geologist

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Bridgenorth BAGGOTTs (C20th)
« on: Friday 06 February 09 10:45 GMT (UK) »
If anyone is related to or researching modern BAGGOTTs in or around Bridgenorth, please contact me by PM. Trying to reconnect possible lost cousins through family records. Arthur Norman BAGGOTT (1906-1985, d. Bridgenorth) and his wife Phyllis Ada GRACE, born 1907 and married 1930 in Smethwick, near Birmingham.
Interesting that records confirm PA's prescence in 1911, but the family have never heard of her. One of two family mysteries as a result of the 1911 census!

Thanks,
Mark

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgenorth BAGGOTTs (C20th)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 March 09 08:40 GMT (UK) »
If anyone is related to or researching modern BAGGOTTs in or around Bridgenorth, please contact me by PM. Trying to reconnect possible lost cousins through family records. Arthur Norman BAGGOTT (1906-1985, d. Bridgenorth) and his wife Phyllis Ada GRACE, born 1907 and married 1930 in Smethwick, near Birmingham.
Interesting that records confirm PA's prescence in 1911, but the family have never heard of her. One of two family mysteries as a result of the 1911 census!

Hi there,
It may be an idea to send a letter to the letters page of the Bridgnorth Journal ( weekly newspaper)
I'm sure someone will remember the name
Good Luck  ;)

Offline The Geneal Geologist

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgenorth BAGGOTTs (C20th)
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 March 09 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the tip. I did just that a couple of months ago and found the answers I was seeking. Despite the modern Internet age, it seems local newspapers sometimes work just as well (I get about a 50% success rate), which is helpful considering I live outside of the UK and can email letters to editors. I would also highly recommend it in areas where you know modern relatives should be living.

For the sake of the post, Arthur Norman BAGGOTT's first wife was the family member Phyllis GRACE who died in their 2nd year of marriage, the net result she wasn't known in the modern family (1901 & 1911 census records excepted). The descendants of his second wife only had rumour of a first wife. So that tied up that loose end for me and a small family story of their side very nicely.

I know RootsChat prefers to avoid living relatives, however with more and more online records covering the living generation (BMD & Electoral Rolls), I wouldn't have had the breakthrough on this subject. The BMD records suddenly had A. N. BAGGOTT appear in the 1985 listing and shortly afterwards the free BMD had Phyllis's death appear.

Thanks to constant updates on various BMD resources, I think I have another lead on Phyllis's brother who may have run away from home and married in 1928. I may have found relatives through Genes Reunited. Again recommended for the modern generation.

Regards,
Mark