Author Topic: Tracing birth of Ellen FURLONG of Kilbora, Ferns, Co. Wexford c1880's  (Read 1927 times)

Offline HODGKISS77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tracing birth of Ellen FURLONG of Kilbora, Ferns, Co. Wexford c1880's
« on: Friday 06 February 09 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Can anybody put me in the right direction in finding a good website where i can find Births,Deaths and marriages in Republic of Ireland?

I am trying to find the Birth of Ellen furlong, Born c1890? -Kilbora-Ferns Co Wexford is a posibility where she was born)?
I am pretty sure her father's name was Thomas Furlong ( Not 100% certain )

She went on to Marry William Sunderland in 1909

If anybody can help me then please reply,as i am having great difficulties trying to find her birth on most websites,i have tried lots but nothing!?

Thank you

Hodgkiss777

Moderator Comment: title edited to remove excess capital letters.
See Topic: >>----- Guidelines for Postings / Netiquette -----<<, Reply #2 for explanation.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,123033.0.html

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: TRACING BIRTH OF ELLEN FURLONG OF KILBORA-FERNS Co WEXFORD c1880's
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 February 09 15:23 GMT (UK) »
the best (and free) index of civil registers is on familysearch at http://www.rootschat.com/links/05ee/

this has as searchable index of civil records from 1864, and non-Catholic marriages from 1845. If you find a possible match the details can be ordered from the GRO - www.groireland.ie

The index uses civil registration districts as the area - not an actual address (this will be on the cert from the GRO). To find the correct district see the townland database at www.thecore.com/seanruad - the PLU (Poor Law Union) is equiv. to the District.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline HODGKISS77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 February 09 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

thank you for your reply.

I have tried the family search for her birthday and marriage and it is coming up with nothing?
I there any other websites where i can find her birth and marriage? i dont mind paying if i will get the info i want?

Regards

Hodgkiss77
the best (and free) index of civil registers is on familysearch at http://www.rootschat.com/links/05ee/

this has as searchable index of civil records from 1864, and non-Catholic marriages from 1845. If you find a possible match the details can be ordered from the GRO - www.groireland.ie

The index uses civil registration districts as the area - not an actual address (this will be on the cert from the GRO). To find the correct district see the townland database at www.thecore.com/seanruad - the PLU (Poor Law Union) is equiv. to the District.

Shane

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 February 09 16:29 GMT (UK) »
the familysearch Irish Index is only a pilot search so may not be returning everything yet.

The Irish Family History Foundation website (www.irish-roots.ie) includes many parish register transcripts but unfortunatly Co. Wexford is not included - at the moment.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tracing birth of Ellen FURLONG of Kilbora, Ferns, Co. Wexford c1880's
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 September 09 18:47 BST (UK) »
Topic now closed at request of HODGKISS77. Thank you to everyone for your assistance, aghadowey (moderator)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!