Author Topic: WALKER FAMILY CHESHIRE  (Read 2636 times)

Offline edithf

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WALKER FAMILY CHESHIRE
« on: Saturday 07 February 09 15:25 GMT (UK) »
My ancestors appear to have originated in Over or Middlewich in Cheshire.  Their surname was Walker & main occupations were butcher, publican or shopkeeper.

Favourite family names repeated over the years were William, Charles, John & Ann plus the odd Charles, James, Joseph & Mary.  If anyone has a possible link (no matter how tenuous) I should be interested to hear from you.

Offline charlotteCH

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy's worth chatting about.
    • View Profile
Re: WALKER FAMILY CHESHIRE
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 February 09 07:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi edith, and welcome to rootschat.

Re your surname WALKER, at the bottom of this page on the screen there is a link to "Your Surname Interests"... why not put the details of your names there and also search to see if anyone else is looking for the smae people?

Good luck.
charlotte

Offline kelly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 February 09 08:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello Edith

This link may be of interest to you.  It is for Middlewich cemetery and there seem to be quite a few 'Walker' burials there.

http://www.ukwilduk.co.uk/Middlewich%20Cemetery.html

Best wishes
Dorothy
BRUCE; MATHER; MCKILLOP;BALMAIN;ALYSON (Perth,Scotland);BLAIR:SCOTT;FLEMING,PATERSON; SEMPLE (Midlothian, Scotland)
CRANE; PLEAVIN; SUMNER;DUTTON Cheshire; HEWITT (Cheshire & Liverpool);
FLAHERTY;HEGARTY; KELLY; LAPPIN; MCDONALD SAVAGE; REYNOLDS (Ireland & Liverpool);
MCVEY; MELLOR in Liverpool PRICE(Denbighshire & Liverpool);
BOLITHO;CHAMPERNOWNE;GODOLPHIN;HODGE;TREBILCOCK;TREVILER;WEBB;    TREWARTHA:UREN (Cornwall)

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline edithf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 08 February 09 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for that.  I have traced back to 1774 but there are a few gaps so it may well be that some of the ancestors moved out to Middlewich.  One of the wives was definitelya Middlewich girl & I have yet to establish her death so it will be very useful. 

Offline charlotteCH

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy's worth chatting about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 February 09 05:17 GMT (UK) »
edithf, by cahsing deaths and burials you are following best practice in family history... so often we don't find them dead and buried... and make mistakes as a result.
Hope you get some good info from the link kelly has given you.
charlotte

Offline Amylee549

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 13 September 12 16:20 BST (UK) »
Hi, i am also looking into the walker family.

My granddad was a thomas arthur walker born northwich/winsford cheshire - cassia corner, villa view, marston RD. His mother was florence hignett  and farther samuel walker (married 1935 - thomas born 1938) sam was a moter haulage driver, i believe he may of been born as a sam as there is a sam walker born 1916 cheshire. The samuel walkers are 1913 and one died and the other married another.

Sams farther was a william walker his mother probably a mrs ashton and may of had a brother called reginald who married florences sister ivy.

if any match please contact,
amy