Author Topic: Cecil Hatton..  (Read 2580 times)

Offline alanjohn67

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cecil Hatton..
« on: Saturday 07 February 09 17:04 GMT (UK) »
I've looked on umpteen genealogy site's but i'm hoping someone on here will have more luck with this.
My uncle Cecil G F Hatton born in the third qtr of 1915 is the problem,noboby seem's to know anything about him.I've looked at  death's to see if he died as a child,i've looked at marriage's to try and trace him,nothing.He was born in the St.Geo H Sq district.
I'm pretty new to rootschat but you've helped crack a couple of brickwall's for me (thanks to those concerned!!)and i'm hoping for a hattrick i guess,
thanks in advance,
Alan.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cecil Hatton..
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 February 09 18:04 GMT (UK) »
What are you hoping to find about him?
It is too late for censuses, free BMD databases have faded out by the time he will marry or die....

Getting his birth cert will confirm parentage etc, but you seem already to know he is your uncle, so will know how he fits in to the family.

Suggetions could be -
Have you looked for a will for either of his parents? If he is mentioned it will confirm he was alive at time of writing, if he is an executor it will give more details of him at time of prooving
Is he a witness at any family weddings later on?
Are there any family members still alive who remember him at all, either as a child or older? or remember mention of him?
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alanjohn67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 February 09 18:16 GMT (UK) »
I'm the last real family member on my dads side unfortunately,i wish i'd started doing my family history about twenty years ago when my dad could have helped.
I knew of two other uncles who i'd met but have sadly both passed on along with their spouses,i have tried to get in touch with cousins,etc but i've never had any sort of reply.
One uncle was a tank driver and captured in WW2,the other was Navy as was my father.
I don't know if he immigrated or fought/died in the war,i mean it's unlikely but for all i know he could still be alive with a family somewhere,which would be great.
I've found marriage's for my other aunt's and uncle's but this one's just proving difficult..

Offline alanjohn67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 July 23 14:30 BST (UK) »
Verry late reply but apparently he was Cecil George French Hatton in full.

I’m hopefully going to find the time to head up Bromley way next year to see if I can turn anything up . Church burial records or something?

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 09 July 23 15:10 BST (UK) »
14 years and one Census on from your opening post, do you have him in 1921? Cannot post details but he's there with parents (identified from his parish baptism 1915) and 5 siblings.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 July 23 16:40 BST (UK) »
Baptism has his date of birth as 30 June 1915
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 09 July 23 20:34 BST (UK) »
Is there any chance this is his death? :-\
HATTON, CYRIL GEORGE JOHN
Age at Death (in years): 32 
GRO Reference: 1947  D Quarter in EALING  Volume 05E  Page 73

There is a marriage
Sep 1946 Brentford 5e 622
Cecil G. Hatton
+
Gladys E. Jenkins

They are on the 1947 electoral register with her parents at 64 Eskdale Avenue, Ealing
David C. Jenkins
Elsie Jenkins
Gladys E. Hatton
Cecil G. J. Hatton
Joan Scott

Cecil not listed 1948.

OCR text
Uxbridge & W. Drayton Gazette, 5 December 1947
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER ELECTROCUTED By fire in a bathroom
WHEN water started to seep through the ceiling of the kitchenette of her home in Eskdale-drive Northolt, Mrs Gladys Elsie Hatton ran up the stairs to the locked bathroom where her husband was bathing. A neighbour who was called burst the door open and Mrs. Hatton found her husband lying half out of the bath holding the handle of an electric fire  in his left hand. He had been electrocuted because there was a fault in the fire which was also without an earthing wire.....

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 09 July 23 20:47 BST (UK) »
...the Coroner Mr. H. G. Broadbridge recorded a verdict of accidental death on thirty-two-year-old Cyril George John Hatton, who was said to have learned his trade as an electrical engineer while in the Army...

Offline alanjohn67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 09 July 23 22:29 BST (UK) »
Hi all I don’t believe this is him . I saw it and did wonder thinking his name had been mistranscribed ( a J instead of an F ). I recall talking about him to my older cousin who told me he’d died young , apparently drowned.
But the story does say drowned so I’d think it comes under the heading of a possible….