Author Topic: Blounts Hosiery Factory, Belper  (Read 19528 times)

Offline 141

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blounts Hosiery Factory, Belper
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 25 November 12 00:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jules :),
Yes it is sometime since I was here, now I think I have found the parents of John Blount (born abt. 1796) they are as follows:

George Blount born abt.1750 married Mary Withey 19 July 1773 at Kidderminster, she was born abt.1750 also.
George died abt. 1837 in Derbyshire.
I could only find 2 children Henry born abt.1793 and John born abt.1796.

I expect there were more children but that was all I could find, hope this helps.

Regards
Anita

Offline Jules Holland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 25 November 12 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anita

Thanks for your reply, it's good to hear from you.  And thank for the info on George and Mary Blount. May I ask though where you got this from, if it was ancestry then it's the data I originally added, however I'm not 100% convinced it's accurate. I was given our family tree by a relative of mine and they said that there were some inconsistencies but not where they were. It's the timelines for John Blount's parents that aren't quite right for me, it doesn't make logical sense that George Blount and Mary Withey were nearly 50 when John was born.  It's more likely that they were born in the 1760s or 70s. I've since done some more research and found a Samuel Blount that matches the dates better, born in 1763.  What do you think?

Thanks

Julie
Holland, Blount, Sheldon

Offline 141

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 25 November 12 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jules,
I think I found it on Family Search ??? for some reason I never logged where it was, but your explanation of dates make sense, I will go on and see if I can find anything else.

Regards
Anita :)

Offline Cheeks100

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 30 December 12 13:09 GMT (UK) »
I am interested in the Blounts of Belper. In particular James Blount (1872) brother of Fred Blount (Hosiery Manaufacturer) and his son also James 1899.

Offline Millie Shaw

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 22 February 19 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

I am perhaps a few years late,my grandma has had her history tracked and we are all from Belper and Her grandma Emily Blount is daughter of Henry Blount son of George and Hannah. I have info perhaps which may help