Author Topic: What is my next move in finding DOB and place of birth for Thos and Eliz Hughes?  (Read 4721 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: What is my next move in finding DOB and place of birth for Thos and Eliz Hughes?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 February 09 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Going back to your main question though Alan as to the Birthplace and year of Thomas Hughes,I've got to declare my great interest here as I have a Bloodline of Hughes' that were from Bagillt going back to about 1735.All the Family in later years were either smelters or colliers.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: What is my next move in finding DOB and place of birth for Thos and Eliz Hughes?
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 February 09 23:48 GMT (UK) »
Going back to your main question though Alan as to the Birthplace and year of Thomas Hughes,I've got to declare my great interest here as I have a Bloodline of Hughes' that were from Bagillt going back to about 1735.All the Family in later years were either smelters or colliers.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.

The question is do you have in your bloodline of Hughes from Bagillt going back to 1735 a Thomas & Elizabeth who had a son Peter who married Mary Ann Thomas in 1837? :-\

The fella named Paul

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 11 February 09 23:52 GMT (UK) »
Without a new study of the Holywell PRs I can't say yet!

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alanhughes

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • 4generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 12 February 09 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Carole you were right to doubt me regarding the marriage details, it got me thinking so I went and got a copy of my GG Grandfathers Birth Cert

http://o.mfcreative.com/f2/file08/objects/2/7/4/8274398a-cd7b-42bc-805a-8659b731a137-0.jpg

So the marriage is wrong, sorry I gave you duff info on that Paul

But Peter is right and his M + F Thomas and Eliz.

So that leaves me not knowing where and when Peter and Mary got married, probably Holywell because their first 2 children were born there and still needing to find the DOB and place of birth for Thos and Eliz Hughes and if my GGG Grandfather Peter had brothers and sisters

Alan

Online wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 12 February 09 16:46 GMT (UK) »
 Post deleted. :)
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 12 February 09 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi

But Peter is right and his M + F Thomas and Eliz.

Not necessarily.  Those details only tied in with the fathers name on the Hughes/Thomas marriage cert.

The Hughes/Woolcock marriage cert may show a different father for Peter
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 12 February 09 17:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi

This is the only Daniel Hughes that fits the birthcert entry but he is shown as 9

1861 for Lansamlet Glamorgan - address Pentrewith

Peter Hughes 46  copper roller b Greenfield Flint
Mary   41  b Merthyr Glamorgan
Robert  16  b Greenfield
Daniel   9  b Lansamlet
Mary J   7  b Lansamlet
Hugh   4 b Lansamlet
RG9; Piece: 4094; Folio: 36; Page: 16
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 12 February 09 17:31 GMT (UK) »
The 1851 census has a daughter Ann aged 7 which suggests a marriage earlier than 1847 - approx 1841-43

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 12 February 09 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Per freebmd

Marriages June qtr 1842 

HUGHES  Peter    Holywell  27 397   

WOODCOCK  Mary     Holywell  27 397