Author Topic: tracing James Palmer before it is too late.  (Read 12059 times)

Offline kammy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: tracing James Palmer before it is too late.
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 12 February 09 16:30 GMT (UK) »
thanks to all the info..the newspaper cutting, the family history you have all made some very old people happy - and I don't mean me!
I am taking my parents to see an exhibition from the ''manchesters'' tomorrow so this is all so perfect and I just wanted to show my appreciation as I would never have found any of this out without the know how and diligence of the rootschatterers - I think thats what you're called.
well done you
kammy

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 12 February 09 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi kammy

It's been a pleasure - glad we were able to help you :D

Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Lisa3935

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 12 November 12 01:47 GMT (UK) »
Kammy all I can say is thank you and I hope you read this. Today being remembrance day I searched and found this blog. My grandmother died in 2006 but I am very interested in history and used to question her about her family. One thing that I will never forget is the story she told me about her dads death. She told me he was in both world wars and survived but died on his way home to his daughters wedding which is my bans sister Peggy. She said it was a mystery but the family always thought he had been murdered. She said rumor was that he committed suicide but his watch was found smashed on the train. When I read the news paper on this blog my mom and I cried we finally had another connection to the stories my ban would tell us. I used to be so upset hearing how my great grandad died I was angry that there was no conclusion or inquest into who did this to a man who faught for our country. My grandmother god rest her soul is Ann "nancy" Nolan, daughter of James Palmer. She even told me his nickname was drummer Palmer. I never knew he had another wife I wonder if any kids came from that? Kammy, are you Lenny's daughter? Iwhat an emotional day for my family every thing my grandmother ever told me and more was in this blog. Please respond if you get this message.
Lisa Ann O'malley

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 12 November 12 10:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa

Welcome to Rootschat  :D

Kammy hasn't been around  since Feb 2009, I do hope they will get an email notification of your reply and pop back to speak to you.

Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
derbyshire- allsop, noon
dorset- rendall, gale

Offline Lisa3935

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 12 November 12 16:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi thank you.
I hope so to because I am trying to figure out who she is. I know James palmers daughters were kitty, Peggy, Mary, dolly and Ann. Ann is my deceased grandmother. I think there was a son Lenny who had two daughters Dina and dawn also. I just cannot believe I have found this blog even when my nan was alive I would research for her and find nothing but this blog was written in 2009 3 years after she died.
Lisa

Offline Lisa3935

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 12 November 12 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know what country kammy lives in? I was born in England but we moved to Canada over 15 years ago. I'd love to get in contact to share pictures and stories.
Lisa

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 12 November 12 16:36 GMT (UK) »

No sorry looking at their profile Kammy doesn't state location or gender. They registered on 6 Feb 2009 and  were last around on 19 Feb same year. It appears they registered on Rootschat purely to research James Palmer, there is another thread about him here

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,359522.msg2362851.html#msg2362851

Fingers crossed the email they registered with is still active

Best wishes

Jan ;)

buckinghamshire- pain
derbyshire- allsop, noon
dorset- rendall, gale

Offline Lisa3935

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 12 November 12 16:44 GMT (UK) »
All these people that found information including yourself jan thank you. It is amazing.
Lisa

Offline Lisa3935

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 13 November 12 20:52 GMT (UK) »
I really hope kammy gets an email notification because I cannot stop thinking about this. I know she is a female because reading the other blogs she mentions a husband. I wonder if her father is Lenny my grandmothers brother? My grandmother mom is Kathleen, I wonder if kammys dad is the son of Kathleen or the other wife? I am just so curious I can hardly sleep. My grandmother married frank Nolan and had children Mary kitty frank and adopted another son named mick. Hoping if kammy reads any of my messages she will know who we are.
Lisa