Author Topic: Murray Families in Broxburn  (Read 5391 times)

Offline ibi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Murray Families in Broxburn
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 February 09 08:01 GMT (UK) »
No obvious marriage up to 1933.

The post 1933 marriage indexes will be added some time this year to SP, but I doubt if that will be this month or next .......

Two very obvious deaths to follow up, both exact matches on b. 1903.  One's in Edinburgh, with the image on line.

The other's after the closure date for images, a wee bit further away in Grangemouth, but the petrochemical complex was going great guns by then, so an obvious place for employment.

ibi

Offline Anste

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Murray Families in Broxburn
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 February 09 23:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ibi, The death of Campbell Murray in Edinburgh had no image, so, at this time I will note he died in Edinburgh in 1962 aged 59 and come back to this one later.
   Could not find marriages either.
Thank you for all your help and have moved forward a lot in the last few days with your help, will leave the Murray family at this point, there is plenty of others so will use your tips and see how I go with them on Scotlandspeople.   
Yes, a simple guide for Scotlandspeople would be very good for the likes of me who don't always understand the lingo.  Think its to do with the mixture of Scottish/Australian (English).
Hope you get around to it soon. 
I'll be back, Annie.

Offline Anste

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Murray Families in Broxburn- COMPLETED
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 May 09 04:24 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for your help, Annie