Author Topic: BIRMINGHAM family in Tuam-Galway-Ireland  (Read 45181 times)

Offline Delders77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BIRMINGHAM family in Tuam-Galway-Ireland
« Reply #54 on: Friday 06 September 19 22:51 BST (UK) »
Hi are you still researching this line?

quote author=SBarrett link=topic=360712.msg5268527#msg5268527 date=1396209248]
Hi, my great, great grandparents where Peter and Bridget (Coreless) from Tuam, Galway as well.
Your great grandmother was Mary Ann and my great grandfather was Michael. They were brother and sister. They ended up in Farnworth, Lancashire.
My great grandfather was also called Michael (born in Farnworth) and he married Clara Stocks and immigrated to Canada with his family. I am also a Birmingham born in Canada. I am also looking for the parents of Peter and Bridget in Ireland and when and why they left Ireland.
Any help you can be would be appreciated.
Thank you
[/quote]

Offline Leebwfc66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Monday 11 November 19 22:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm very new to this searching for the family tree and past, I believe I may be part of this family tree.

Peter and Bridget (Corless) being my great great great great grandparents.

My great grandma was May Birmingham who married George Cartwright.  Lived in farnworth throughout there lives. May was the daughter of Michael Birmingham who I believe was the son of Peter and Bridget's.

May and George had three children, John William, Peter and Brenda (cartwrights). Brenda is my grandma.

I currently live in farnworth with my own family.

I hope this may be of interest.

Offline Delders77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 12 November 19 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Pleased to meet you! Thank you for your reply. I’ve only just started getting back to researching my family tree. I actually got stuck trying to find Bridget and Peters parents in Ireland. If you like we could share what information we already have about our trees?

Kind regards

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 12 November 19 10:08 GMT (UK) »
My 3rd gt grandfather was James Roche Jnr - his daughter Winifred married John Griffin (all Tuam). John and Winifred went to live in Walsall now West Midlands and their daughtr Ellen was born, my maternal grandfather's mother.

James Roche Jnr was baptised 24th August 1819 in Tuam - parents James Roche Snr and Honor Birmingham.
GEDmatch M157477

Offline Delders77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 12 November 19 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thanks for the info...I’m not to sure if your Birmingham links into mine but they could as all from tuam?
Do you have any further information on honour Birmingham?

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 12 November 19 12:04 GMT (UK) »
She may be from Westmeath though, can't find much about her other than her marriage in 1810 to James Roche.

It's where I have a problem, the only relatives I have found to have that came from Ireland. ::)
GEDmatch M157477

Offline Leebwfc66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 12 November 19 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Pleased to meet you! Thank you for your reply. I’ve only just started getting back to researching my family tree. I actually got stuck trying to find Bridget and Peters parents in Ireland. If you like we could share what information we already have about our trees?

Kind regards

I would be happy to do so, as this is fairly new to me I'm just a little concerned my info may not be that accurate, my nan assures me its accurate though that does give me some confidence.

It's my nans route that I'm heading down at the moment.

The only parent I have is for peter birmingham born in 1842, I believe his father was a gentleman with the name Bartew Bermingham there is some confusion with the spelling but my nan tells me that the spelling did differ.

Where is it that you fit in with peter and bridget?

Thanks

Offline Delders77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 12 November 19 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Peter and Bridget are my GGG grandparents - their daughter mary Anne Birmingham married my fathers, father “John Hodgkiss” in farnworth in Lancashire.

I’m very interested in trying to go backwards with peter Birmingham and Bridget corless? I’ll see what other information I have about them as I’ve just started researching my family tree.

Kind Regards

Hi

Kind regards

I would be happy to do so, as this is fairly new to me I'm just a little concerned my info may not be that accurate, my nan assures me its accurate though that does give me some confidence.

The only parent I have is for peter birmingham born in 1842, I believe his father was a gentleman with the name Bartew Bermingham there is some confusion with the spelling but my nan tells me that the spelling did differ.

Thanks

Offline Leebwfc66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 12 November 19 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Peter and Bridget are my GGG grandparents - their daughter mary Anne Birmingham married my fathers, father “John Hodgkiss” in farnworth in Lancashire.

I’m very interested in trying to go backwards with peter Birmingham and Bridget corless? I’ll see what other information I have about them as I’ve just started researching my family tree.

Kind Regards

Hi

Kind regards

Thanks

Brill, I'm very new to this also but have found the start of my explorations fascinating so far.  Where are you from yourself, are you a farnworthian too or are you further a field.

Thanks