Author Topic: REDGATE, Magilligan Parish  (Read 5777 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: REDGATE, Magilligan Parish
« Reply #9 on: Monday 02 March 09 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Coleraine Chronicle started in 1844. It isn't online but Coleraine Library have microfilmed copies of all existing issues (Central Library (newspaper section), Belfast might also have microfilms as they have a great collection but I can't say for sure).
For coverage of the Night of the Big Wind in 1839 you could try Belfast Newsletter or Londonderry Sentinel, both of whih started before that date.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Magilliganlass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 02 March 09 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much, Aghadowey.  How great to have so much expertise at my fingertips.

Barbara
Magilligan/Tamlaghtard: Sweeney, McAnally, Canning, Redgate, Quinn

Offline lynnkenn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 March 12 16:33 GMT (UK) »
hi
i was interested to find you searching for redgate name. i am tracing blacks and found marths redgate married william have you got any up to date info would appreciate if you had

many thanks

lynnkenn

Offline Magilliganlass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 25 March 12 05:15 BST (UK) »
Yes, I do have substantial information about Martha Redgate, who first married Michael Maginnis and had several children before marrying William Black in about 1864, and having a son John Black.  I have information about her parents, siblings, etc. and very, very much want to talk to you about your research.  Please email me at (*) or call (*).  Barbara Miller

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail and telephone number removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Magilligan/Tamlaghtard: Sweeney, McAnally, Canning, Redgate, Quinn

Offline lynnkenn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 26 March 12 15:57 BST (UK) »
HI BARBARA

THANK YOU SO MUCH.... I DIDNT THINK I WOULD GET A REPLY!

I'M TRYING TO CONNECT WITH BLACK NAME AND LOOKING AT THIS EXCELLENT PHOTO YOU HAVE ON ROOTS PAGE  ( AND WHICH I PRINTED OUT ) HAS GIVEN ME HOPE.
I HAVE  FOUND WILLIAM BLACK IN CHURCH RECORDS - THEY WERE PRESBYTERIANS AND ATTENED MAGILLIGAN PRES. CHURCH. IN THE SEARCH I FOUND COMING DOWN THROUGH THE GENERATIONS WILLIAM BLACK MARRIED TO A LADY WITH SURNAME MCGRANAHAN AND THEN WILLIAM MARRIED TO MARTHA REDGATE I'M WANTING TO TRACE WILLIAM BLACK NAME AND FOUND ANOTHER WILLIAM MARRIED TO JANE SMYTH. I WANT TO TRACE WHO THE MOTHER OF WILLIAM IS WHO MARRIED ANNIE CURRAN IN 1906. IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL TO FIND YOU HAVE SAME CONNECTION.
REGARDS
LYNN

Offline niallohara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 27 February 23 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara, hoping on the off chance that you still monitor this thread. But I also descend from the Redgate's of Aughil. Margaret Redgate from the Griffiths Valuation would be my 5x great grandmother and I descend through her daughter Elizabeth who married James Doherty.

I'd be interested if you photograph is of my 4x great grandmother Elizabeth (1824 - 1902) and if you have any more information on the Redgates.

Thanks,
Niall