Author Topic: The elusive warham st leger  (Read 2668 times)

Offline turpin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
The elusive warham st leger
« on: Sunday 13 February 05 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help me find information concerning a Warham St Leger (1850- 1915) the son of William Nassau St Leger? He wrote the short comic poem "The Chavender or Chub", and had a book of his "Ballads from Punch and Other Poems" published in 1890. I would like to know a bit more about him but am finding him rather elusive. All help gratefully received.

Offline janetm

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: The elusive warham st leger
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 February 05 16:48 GMT (UK) »
Found this on the web, maybe the author can help you?

http://www.geocities.com/treeshaker_davis/davis/fam00926.htm
All Census Lookups are are Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only

Offline acorngen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 February 05 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Try the following and if thats not enough go to google and in speech marks put warham st leger there are loads of hits

Rob
http://30.1911encyclopedia.org/S/ST/ST_LEGER_SIR_ANTHONY.htm
WYATT, COX, STRATTON, all from south Derbyshire and the STS, LEI border Burns Fellows Gough Wilks from STS in particular Black Country and now heading into SOP

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 February 05 22:44 GMT (UK) »
What sort of information are you looking for? He appears to have made 2 marriages within 7 years, 1885 and 1892 for example. Or is only his literary career that interests you? 8
You may also find this site worthy of note:
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/nigel.battysmith/Database/D0002/I7764.html
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline turpin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 February 05 02:08 GMT (UK) »
Well, many thanks for your interest,  it's particularly his literary career that interests me,  but I am interested in anything at all about him.

Offline VictoriaAli

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 October 21 14:12 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me find information concerning a Warham St Leger (1850- 1915) the son of William Nassau St Leger? He wrote the short comic poem "The Chavender or Chub", and had a book of his "Ballads from Punch and Other Poems" published in 1890. I would like to know a bit more about him but am finding him rather elusive. All help gratefully received.

I may have some information about W. St. Leger - are you still interested?