Author Topic: West Chapel Presbyterian-Nc, Wooler, Northumberland 1760's Look up  (Read 3541 times)

Offline Reid Guthrie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
West Chapel Presbyterian-Nc, Wooler, Northumberland 1760's Look up
« on: Monday 16 February 09 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Is there a way to determine if Elizabeth Guthry, Thomas Guthrie, Aaron Guthry, and Mary Guthry are all related? Thomas Guthrie's parents were William and Elizabeth Guthrie. Elizabeth Guthry's parents were William and Elizabeth Guthry. Aaron and Mary Guthry's parents were Nichol and Ann Guthry. Elizabeth GUTHRY was christened 27 Sept. 1764, Thomas Guthrie was christened 25 May, 1767, Aaron Guthry was christened 25 May, 1765, and Mary Guthry was christened 14 June 1761. All were christened at West Chapel Presbyterian-Nc, Wooler, Northumberland, England.
The Guthrie Family

Offline meadbh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: West Chapel Presbyterian-Nc, Wooler, Northumberland 1760's Look up
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 February 09 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Reid,

Are you working from the IGI or from microfilm copies of the registers? I have microfiche for the three Presbyterian chapels in Wooler and the transcriber notes that in the microfilm copies held at Berwick Record Office, the first register of Wooler Cheviot Street  has been confused with the first register of Wooler West and wrongly labelled. Your four Guthries were actually baptized at Wooler Cheviot Street but it doesn't help with the question of any relationship between the fathers, Nicholas and William. I can give you the full transcriptions if you don't already have them.

Kath

Offline RLx25

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: West Chapel Presbyterian-Nc, Wooler, Northumberland 1760's Look up
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 November 22 22:11 GMT (UK) »
I'm hoping this is still live.

I'm trying to find an old map with West Street, Wooler, on it. From what I can work out it runs north/south where the library is leading to the workhouse/information centre.

Can you email me at juderon (at) gmail (dot) com