Author Topic: Jane (Kerse) Utterson lookup  (Read 609 times)

Offline KevB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Jane (Kerse) Utterson lookup
« on: Wednesday 18 February 09 11:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

I am trying to trace my wife's great grandmother through the BC of her grandmother, who was given up for adoption in between 1916 and 1920. The Gran was born to a Jane Utterson (Kerse), and the BC shows her name as Phillippa Russel Docherty Utterson, born at 42 West End, Tweedmouth, Berwick Upon Tweed, Northumberland, on 31-Aug-1916. Jane Utterson is listed as being a Cook/Domestic on the BC.

I also have the text from a letter from Jane Utterson which formalises the adoption, it was dated November 1920, and originated from "Bedford Street, Edinburgh".

My wife's aunt, daughter of gran, said that gran spoke about being adopted and that her birth mum had moved to Australia.

I am looking for any details of Jane Kerse, when she was born, who she married to become Utterson, any emmigration records.

Thanks in advance
Kevin

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jane (Kerse) Utterson lookup
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 February 09 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kevin

I hope you don't mind, but I am posting a link to your thread on the Berwickshire board, where the same topic is being discussed. This might save unneccessary look-ups.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/05lx/

Jennifer
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KevB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jane (Kerse) Utterson lookup
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 February 09 12:51 GMT (UK) »
No problem... it is exactly the same thread, I just wanted to "advertise" it in the Northumberland forum since the people originate from there.