Author Topic: Annie Jenkins  (Read 2450 times)

Offline jeffzdrale

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Annie Jenkins
« on: Thursday 19 February 09 02:30 GMT (UK) »
Annie Jenkins was my biological grandmother. She gave birth, out of wedlock, to my mother--Marguerite Jenkins-- on Sept. 19, 1923. The location was #1 East Square, Alexandria.
(Annie Jenkins was from Wales and the father of her baby was Brinley Watkin of Maesteg, Glamorgan.)

Annie Jenkins worked as a waitress in a hotel in Dunoon.
She had a gentleman friend, Jim Wright, who lived on a houseboat. Annie's aunt, Mary Ann Watkin lived in a bungalow alongside Loch Lomand.

I think that Annie Jenkins married a Mr. Michael Butler sometime in the early 1930's. They had a son and a daughter named Madelyn. I've been told that she became a nun. I don't know the name of the son.
Any leads would be very welcome.

A curious grandson in Wisconsin, USA

Offline elizabeth.m

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Jenkins
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 February 09 13:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Have you tried scotlandspeople.gov.uk.  It is the on-line search for BDM.  I had a quick look for a Butler Jenkins marriage in Scotland from 1855 to 1933 and there were none.  There are only 10 Michael Butler marriages and none to a Jenkins.  There were 16 Ann Jenkins from 1925 to 1933 and none were married to a Butler.  Sorry I could not help.  A what time did the Aunt live beside Loch Lomond - could the census help?

emamc
McQuade-Monaghan/Dumbarton, Lynn-Co Tyrone/Stirling/Dumbarton/Glasgow, McSporran-Campbelltown/Glasgow/Renton/Dumbarton,  Smith, Madden-Antrim/Dumbarton, McFarlane-Roseneath, Barr-Buncranna/Derry/Dumbarton

Offline jeffzdrale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 February 09 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for responding. I'm beginning to think that Annie Jenkins and Michael Butler may have moved back to Wales. I will check there.

Re. the great aunt of my mother...her name was Mary Ann Watkin (her maiden name) She was married twice. First married name was Bunting and second was Callow.

I believe that she lived by Loch Lomand from 1923 to 1927.

Wisconsin Grandson

PS...This is an addendum to the above note. I just found something that leads me to think that the marriage of Annie Jenkins and Michael Butler may not have occurred until the late 30's or even the early 40's.
Thanks.

Offline Badger118

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 November 23 08:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jeffzdrale,

Can you give me a way to message you please?

I am also on the hunt for a Annie Jenkins, who is my grans mum. Sounds like it may be the same person

Thanks
Brian

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 December 23 14:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian and a warm welcome to rootschat
Jeffzdale has not been active on here since February 2009 they would have received a notification you have posted .As there has been no response would suggest contact details have changed .There has been a few old posts looking for the same Annie Jenkins with no luck of finding anything .If you can add any more information you can add it to your post and maybe someone can help  :)

Rosie