Author Topic: Marriage certificate 1919  (Read 2968 times)

Janetell

Marriage certificate 1919
« on: Thursday 19 February 09 14:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello all
I have managed to find the marriage of my husband's grandparents in Roscommon in 1919 from the LDS site.  I have the quarter and the year and the references.  Would anyone be able to tell me how I can order a copy of the certificate from England?  I found a site with a downloadable form but they seem to require the exact date and place which I do not know.

Kind regards
Janet  ???

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage certificate 1919
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 February 09 15:17 GMT (UK) »
fill in the vital details - Name, Date/Quarter, registration district, volume & page number in a space on the form - e.g. (RSI number) - or just put the details in a cover note  and attach to the form.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Janetell

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 February 09 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Shane

I will do that.  It is a shame that my husband knows so little about his Irish family so this will be a start!

Kind regards

Janet :D

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 February 09 15:26 GMT (UK) »
I dont know if you've seen it already but there's a very good Leitrim/Roscommon site at : at http://www.leitrim-roscommon.com/index.shtml

includes (free) census transcripts etc...

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Janetell

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 19 February 09 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Shane

Yes, I have seen the site.  I am not sure if I have found John Mulvihill or not though.  I am hoping that the marriage certificate will help as it should give his age.  If it is the right person in 1901 then he is not with his parents but an uncle and aunt.

Thanks again

Janet