Author Topic: DENNY family  (Read 15753 times)

Offline JohnSueP

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DENNY family
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 09 June 09 11:41 BST (UK) »
I have a Charles Thomas Denny born 1820 in Hopton by Lowestoff marrying a Rebecca Hill on 7 Oct 1852 in Wickham Market Suffolk
They had children
Charles H Denny born 1853 in Piswich
Jesse W Denny born 1855 in Wickham Market
Frederick I Denny born 1857 in Ipswich who married an Elizabeth Morris and they had a son Fredrick J Denny born 4 apr 1870

Hope this helps

John
Herbert HILL born 1870 in Suffolk, moved to Sussex after 1901. Died 5 Jan 1950 in Brighton hospital.  Married to Alice. Trying to obtain as much information on this father George HILL.

Offline shoshi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 July 09 07:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am from Australia and trying to trace my Denny Side of the family.  We have always believed we were from London and outside Cambridge.  The family legend goes that Frederick Thomas stood in the corner and bitterly cried about the family being disinherited from the aristocratic side of the family etc. Something about a son of an earl having an affair with the maid.  However, after 100 years have discovered no such fun, but that Fred  thomas married Amelia Mary Morris "Mary" to us and his dad was Charles Thomas who married Rebecca Hill. I would like to confirm the link though and hope I am not going off on a tangent as they did 100 years ago.  Who was Charles Thomas and how long have this branch of the Dennys lived in Suffolk. And if anyone could tell me why his grandchildren seemed to be unhappy and bitter  (as this part of the legend is true).

Offline JohnSueP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 10 July 09 08:41 BST (UK) »
Rebecca Hill born 23 Jan 1823 in Wickham Market Suffolk married a Charles Thomas Denny (born 1820 and livied in Hopton by Lowesoft, he was a miller). They married in Wuckham Market on 7 Oct 1852.
They had 3 children.
Charles H Denny born 1853 in Ipswich Suffolk
Jesse W Denny born 1855 in Wickham Market Suffolk
Fredrick I Denny born 1857 in Ipswich Suffolk and married Elizabeth Morris, they had one (?) son Fredrick J Denny born 4 Apr 1870.

I can not comment further on the Denny family as I am more concerned about the HILL side of things.
Regards
John Hill
Herbert HILL born 1870 in Suffolk, moved to Sussex after 1901. Died 5 Jan 1950 in Brighton hospital.  Married to Alice. Trying to obtain as much information on this father George HILL.

Offline shoshi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 July 09 10:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for that John, I appreciate the information.  All the best, Sharne Young

Offline windy_miller

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 16:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Sharne,

There was a Charles Denny, also a Suffolk miller, recorded at Weybread (up by the Norfolk border).  He was there from about 1879 until about 1883.  Parish records may help confirm if he is the same as the Wickham Market Denny.

All the best,

Windy Miller
windmills, watermills, steam-mills, bark-mills, cotton mills, &c. millwrights & millers

Offline AlexanderFields

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 15 July 10 13:30 BST (UK) »
Greetings to mrstar,

I'm a newcomer and I've only just seen your message of February 20, 2009, about the Denny families of Suffolk. You mention Maria Everson, who is on my tree, so I wonder if we are both interested in the same branch of the family and their connections with Earl Stonham, Debenham and Ipswich, though none of the other names you mention rings any bells with me?

Regards from AF
Denny (Suffolk, Essex and Yorkshire), Mayhew (Great Oakley and Beaumont cum Moze, Essex), Everson, Lambert, Catchpool, Block, Moyse and Read (all Suffolk).

Offline The Boater

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 31 October 14 07:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am from Australia and trying to trace my Denny Side of the family.  We have always believed we were from London and outside Cambridge.  The family legend goes that Frederick Thomas stood in the corner and bitterly cried about the family being disinherited from the aristocratic side of the family etc. Something about a son of an earl having an affair with the maid.  However, after 100 years have discovered no such fun, but that Fred  thomas married Amelia Mary Morris "Mary" to us and his dad was Charles Thomas who married Rebecca Hill. I would like to confirm the link though and hope I am not going off on a tangent as they did 100 years ago.  Who was Charles Thomas and how long have this branch of the Dennys lived in Suffolk. And if anyone could tell me why his grandchildren seemed to be unhappy and bitter  (as this part of the legend is true).

Offline The Boater

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 02 November 14 08:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Frederic Denny was my great uncle this is my second post

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 02 November 14 09:06 GMT (UK) »
Could you say which Frederic Denny was your great-uncle, and what you are trying to find?

Thank-you