Author Topic: Constant A Moeller  (Read 5908 times)

Offline mkepler

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Constant A Moeller
« Reply #18 on: Friday 06 March 09 00:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jean, I didn't have that info.  JUST GREAT!!

Offline mkepler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 28 March 09 04:15 GMT (UK) »
Photo of Constant A Moeller

Offline Lollyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 10 February 11 02:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
 I'm new to this, but hope I can shed some light with the little info I have. Constand A. Moeller is my great grandfather, my grandmother was Ida Emily Moeller who died before I ever got to know her.

I have Constand's birthdate as 4/15/1841 and his date of death 6/1/1914.  I have been to Evergreen cemetery in New Haven where the family plot is and I have copies of the plot layout with the names of family members buried there.  I know he died from complications of Diabetes.  On one form, they have his wife as Augusta T. Ehle, but on her headstone it's Augusta D. Moeller, date of birth 5/24/1848, date of death7/9/1894 from Myelitis.  They have a handwritten book listing everone buried there with info, however, the script is dificult to decifer.  Constand's birth place is handwriten and the best I could make of it was 'Wirselbach', Germany; it was a rolling script and what looked like a 'W' could easily be an 'M'.  I would love to get more background on this family as well.  Keep me posted.  Lollyn

Offline mkepler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 10 February 11 05:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi "cousin" Lollyn.  How fun to connect. I am a descendant of your grandmother's sister Constantina Alweena Moeller.  She's my great grandmother.  I'm also in touch with a descendant of another sister, Clara Moeller.  I haven't done much with the genealogy since I posted that post a while back.  I had Constant's birthplace as Baden, Saxony Germany from a census recording.  I did find out though that Constant came over with a brother who made cigars (see attached from the New Haven City directory).  They were in business together in New Haven before Constant started brewing in Rhode Island.  Constant Moeller also helped finance an automobile company in New Haven (Continental Automobile Manufacturing Co) and I have some interesting pictures from that from my Uncle.  They don't seem to be on this computer, but I bet they're on my other hard drive.  I wonder if you're great great grandmother is in any of them.  I will look and post when I get a chance.

Offline Lollyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 10 February 11 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for responding, would love to connect with a distant cousin.  My grandmother had my mother, Ruth Moeller Phillips, from a 2nd marriage at 41yrs. of age, hence the generational difference.

Do any pictures of Augusta exit out there? I do have a similar picture of Constant/d to the one posted.  I am very interested in any info. that exists on this family, so thank you for sharing.  Would love to email or talk to you sometime if possible.

Offline mkepler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 12 February 11 03:55 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure if there's a way to email just you, Lollyn on this rootschat.  I am on facebook if you're on there, we could connect there.  Last name's Kepler in Alaska.  I don't want to post my email here.  I don't have any pictures of Augusta.  I don't think the family albums went to Constantina.  I'll send out some emails and see if anyone has any pictures from the family.  Certainly would be interesting.  Here's a clipping from a Another New haven City directory.  Looks like there were several Moeller's.  Brothers?  Cousins?  Parents?

Offline mkepler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 13 February 11 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Alright Lolllyn.  My mom has a framed picture of Augusta and Constant and also some of their children (though she's not sure which children) and my mom's cousin (Constance aka Connie) also has some family photos.  So glad you posted and got me thinking about this again.  My dad has a scanner, so hopefully, we can get some your way soon. 

Offline Lollyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 13 February 11 17:55 GMT (UK) »
Good to hear from you!  I'm in the mountains of Colorado, just have my iPhone with me, so please excuse.  I am so excited that you have some pics. It would be wonderful to get them, I would be so grateful. I think I may have found your facebook page & yes I am on facebook. My first name and last initial-Leslye N., just so you'll recognize me. When I return home I'll be in contact.

Have you any information on a Marilyn Moeller Reilly, I think Reilly is her married?  I think she is Herberts granddaughter. I met her once as a child. I heard she went to Univ. of  Colorado, which is ultimately what brought us to Boulder. Our daughter went to CU & wouldn't come back east. We do love CO so she did us a favor.

Hope to reach you on facebook. Would love to hear what brought you to Alaska.

Offline mkepler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 13 February 11 19:27 GMT (UK) »
I sent you a "private message" yesterday on rootschat. Look for my email address there.  I haven't gotten an email on facebook.  My blog is keplerkids.blogspot.com.  Here's a picture of Moellers in a Continental Car.  My uncle says Augusta is in the back seat-not sure which one.  Clara and her husband Caldwell Sidney Johnston are in the front seat.  I presume the other women are more sisters.  Don't know anything of the Herbert line.  Maybe my mom will.