Author Topic: Not two George HEATHCOTES  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Adnepos_Iacobi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Not two George HEATHCOTES
« on: Saturday 21 February 09 21:34 GMT (UK) »
I have George HEATHCOTE/HEATHCOTT b Combs, chapel-en-le-Frith, chr Thomas Becket 31 Oct 1847, with his mother Hannah (nee Lomas) at Thornilee, Combs in 1851 and with both parents (father Edward) on London Road, Macclesfield in 1861. I can't find him in the 1871 and 1881 censuses but may be in Iowa in the 1870 census, seems to have had a daughter Sarah Elizabeth b registered Medway Kent in 1874 then married in the United States 16 July1881, signed up to the US army that October and a daughter born in short order. Then he seems to have married again in Kentish Town Camden to Frances Elizabeth UPFIELD (GRO Index messed up), registered in the December Quarter 1882, then offspring of this marriage in Chicago; then second offspring of his US marriage, death of his US wife, discharge from US army, third birth of his English wife in Brooklyn. Then back to Blighty in the 1891, 1901 and 1911 censuses working at Chatham for the Admiralty as a timekeeper.

You could assume this must be two folk. But all the paperwork points to one busy George HEATHCOTE!

If somebody could please find his first marriage (with the daughter daughter Sarah Elizabeth who lived with his parents at Sutton/Macclesfield in 1881/1891/1901) or any presence in England 1862-81 I'd be grateful.

Or if you could find a second George HEATHCOTE b Chapel-en-le-Frith in abt September 1847 (I have excluded George HEATHCOTE b 21 March 1847 at Brandside) who might have led part of the above existence...

Powell (NTT) Hallam (DBY) Nadin (DBY) Hartley (Ancoats) Beech (Kirk Sandal) Potter (DBY)

Offline Adnepos_Iacobi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Not two George HEATHCOTES
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 February 09 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Already an update.

George did not marry Frances Elizabeth UPFIELD in London in 1882 but probably in the United States, after August 1885 but before the UK census in 1891.
Powell (NTT) Hallam (DBY) Nadin (DBY) Hartley (Ancoats) Beech (Kirk Sandal) Potter (DBY)