Author Topic: Baby Robert????  (Read 1927 times)

Offline C_Bishop

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 2x Gt Grandmother, Catherine M Turner
    • View Profile
Baby Robert????
« on: Saturday 21 February 09 23:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to discover the mystery of a grave in Makawao Cemetery in Hawaii. Next to my Gt gt Uncle George Stephan Harris and his wife Violet M Harris (atherton) is a little headstone which says 'Baby Robert, Aug 1 1929' We have no record of a baby boy. George died in 1926 and Violet did adopt 3 daughters around 1929ish. Robert is a Harris family name. What i'm trying to discover is who this baby belonged to, maybe another adoption that ended too soon?

Any help/advice would be appreciated, i seem to be going around in circles (must be rusty as haven't done any research in ages!)

Thanks
Cat
Bishop:  Sussex, New Zealand<br />Henwood:  England<br />Harris: London; Smith, Leicestershire <br />Chandler: Sussex<br />Truelove: Surrey, New Zealand<br />Blackburn: Lancashire<br />Carlton: Australia, NZ, Bristol, Ireland <br />Foster:NZ, Queensland, Yorkshire,<br />Marshall: Yorkshire, Lancashire <br />Cannon:Ireland to NZ<br />Turner:England<br />Farquharson: Scotland, Australia<br />Durward: Scotland<br <br />Johnston: Australia, Cumberland, Dumfries <br />Gearon: Ireland,NZ

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Robert????
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 February 09 08:01 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried contacting the cemetery to see who owned the plot in case it is just a coincidence that the child is buried next to your Harris family? I couldn't find a website for the cemetery but here is a mailing address I found:

Makawao Cemetery Association
199 Malanani Dr
Kula, HI 96790

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline kptz

• RootsChat Member
  • Searching
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 March 09 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Here is a link to the Hawaii State Digital Archives Collections http://archives1.dags.hawaii.gov/gsdl/cgi-bin/library?a=p&p=home&l=en&w=utf-8.  There is a section to search the vital records 1826-1929.  Perhaps you may find it helpful.

kptz
Carroll / Tighe / Walsh / Larner (Lardner)/ Moore / Bailey / Patterson / Miller

Offline C_Bishop

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 March 09 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the suggestions :)
I have had a look at that site yet can't seem to come up with any solutions but thank you for the link, very good site!
Will give the cemetery address a try.

Thanks for the help!
Cat
Bishop:  Sussex, New Zealand<br />Henwood:  England<br />Harris: London; Smith, Leicestershire <br />Chandler: Sussex<br />Truelove: Surrey, New Zealand<br />Blackburn: Lancashire<br />Carlton: Australia, NZ, Bristol, Ireland <br />Foster:NZ, Queensland, Yorkshire,<br />Marshall: Yorkshire, Lancashire <br />Cannon:Ireland to NZ<br />Turner:England<br />Farquharson: Scotland, Australia<br />Durward: Scotland<br <br />Johnston: Australia, Cumberland, Dumfries <br />Gearon: Ireland,NZ

Offline msris

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 19:18 BST (UK) »
I am a grandaugther of Violet M. Harris and have been to the grave site you are inquiring about.  I asked my mother (one ofthe three adopted daugthers and the only one still living) and she told me that Baby Robert was the only child born to George and Violet and he was "still born".

Offline C_Bishop

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 22:26 BST (UK) »
Oh wow msris!
Thank you for that. Its great to hear from you. Will private message you.
Cat

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 22:59 BST (UK) »
Oh wow msris!
Thank you for that. Its great to hear from you. Will private message you.
Cat
New members need to make at least 3 posts before being able to use PM (personal message) system.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline C_Bishop

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 22 April 09 06:12 BST (UK) »
oh gosh thats right! I sent them a message this morning, would they have been able to read it?

Thanks
Cat

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 22 April 09 06:58 BST (UK) »
oh gosh thats right! I sent them a message this morning, would they have been able to read it?

Thanks
Cat

No, msris won't be able to read it until after making 3 posts.
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz