Author Topic: Sullivan Family  (Read 2356 times)

Offline sully79

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Sullivan Family
« on: Monday 14 February 05 03:17 GMT (UK) »
I'm travelling to Cork this summer to search the Sullivan name.  My maternal great grandmother Hanna Sullivan Lugar was born at Lawrence Cove, Bere Island in 1866.  Any knowledge of the Sullivan name in Cork City is welcome too.  that's where my father's side of the family is from.

Any Sullivans with connections are welcome!
Great grandson of Hanna Luger Sullivan looking for cousins.  Hanna Sullivan, born July 3, 1866 at Lawrence Cove, Bere Island, Cork.  Also my grandmother Katherine Enright and Grandfather Jerry E. Sullivan are from Cork.

Offline Gant

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Sullivan Family - County Cork
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 October 05 17:46 BST (UK) »
Hi there - have just found your message and have just joined Roots Chat - my Grandmother was Margaret Sullivan of County Cork date of birth circa 10/05/1910 or 1912 - she had sisters called Annie and Julia (and other brothers and sisters these are the only ones I can confirm the names of though.  I am waiting information on their dates of birth - this is my very first foray into tracing my ancestors any help or information appreciated.

Offline Scrumhalf

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sullivan Family
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 September 08 17:57 BST (UK) »
Shot in the dark  Did you have any luck  I'm looking for a Humphrey sullivan b Cork circa 1820s  Son Michael b1841 emigrated to South Wales married margaret Madden of Middleton Cork in 1870 --
7 children Humphrey Margaret Eugene Mary Kate Annie andFannie
Any connections 

Offline stewnkez

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 February 09 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Good luck! i'm looking for david sullivan born c.1840 bantry, cork. he came to australia married mary sulliva/o'sullivan also born bantry c.1844 they lived queanbeyan nsw australia. have reached a dead end

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 February 09 11:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi stewnkez and Scrumhalf (not to mention Gant and sully79),

Looking for SULLIVANs in Co Cork is a bit of a lost cause  :'(

It seems to be the virtual home of the SULLIVANs.

I've recently posted about my SULLIVANs who (supposedly) came from Co Cork to London and then to Australia.

See:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,359079.msg2359556.html#msg2359556

Kind regards,

JAP