Author Topic: ALEXANDER  (Read 8746 times)

mandyfahey

Re: ALEXANDER
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 18 April 09 02:16 BST (UK) »
Lu
Thanks

Mandy

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 18 April 09 10:06 BST (UK) »
Hi again Mandy

OK  .... not sure I can help you with the "Albert and Charles ALEXANDER" who were at Burnett's Face in 1935.   :(

I have had a quick look through the deaths on our online Historical Indexes, and can't really see anything that matches for a "Charles born 1890".    But it would be a good idea if you searched these more thoroughly.
>>  Go to the Resources section of this board to find the Historical BDM link.

[Perhaps "these" ALEXANDERs, didn't remain in NZ .]    ???

Lu

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 18 April 09 10:08 BST (UK) »
Hi again Mandy

OK  .... not sure I can help you with the "Albert and Charles ALEXANDER" who were at Burnett's Face in 1935.   :(

I have had a quick look through the deaths on our online Historical Indexes, and can't really see anything that matches for a "Charles born 1890".    But it would be a good idea if you searched these more thoroughly.
>>  Go to the Resources section of this board to find the Historical BDM link.

[Perhaps "these" ALEXANDERs, didn't remain in NZ .]    ???

Lu

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 18 April 09 10:09 BST (UK) »
Hi again Mandy

OK  .... not sure I can help you with the "Albert and Charles ALEXANDER" who were at Burnett's Face in 1935.   :(

Added note:   Well, it looks like these boys were in fact the sons of Jean (Jane / Jennie) and James ALEXANDER.  See reply # 36.    ;)

I have had a quick look through the deaths on our online Historical Indexes, and can't really see anything that matches for a "Charles born 1890".    But it would be a good idea if you searched these more thoroughly.
>>  Go to the Resources section of this board to find the Historical BDM link.

[Perhaps "these" ALEXANDERs, didn't remain in NZ .]    ???

Lu

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 18 April 09 10:19 BST (UK) »
  ---   Re:   William Christie ALEXANDER - d. 1978

Gosh, I thought I'd sent you details from the death notice for William ??   
(Perhaps though I didn't  ... it was some time ago ??)

Anyway, will look to see If I still have the notes.

Sorry it has taken a while to get back to you.
I am afraifd I cannot find a Jane Rennie Alexander with James as her father.

The "Jean Rennie ALEXANDER" which I have found, appears to have been born c. 1905-06  ?

I'm pretty sure she is the person who is linked to Jane (Jennie/Jean) ALEXANDER w/o of James, but I'll need to check the death notices for them.    (May be able to do this next week).

Lu

mandyfahey

« Reply #32 on: Sunday 19 April 09 08:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Lu
just did another search on Scotland people and found Jeannie Rennie Alexander born 15th Dec 1905. at 45 Mabel Street, Motherwell. Parents James Alexander and Jane Hill Christie.
I was looking in another area.  Hope fully that now gives another base line to work from.

Thanks
Mandy

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 19 April 09 10:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Mandy

Great  ... that's good news.

I'll look for the death notices sometime this week (and also dig up the info I have for William Christie ALEXANDER).   Just a bit busy at present so will get back to you when I'm able.

Lu

mandyfahey

« Reply #34 on: Sunday 19 April 09 11:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Lucy
Thanks again. No great rush as I can concentrate on other parts of the tree for now.

I am gratreful for all the help you have given me so far. Thank you
Mandy

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 01 May 09 02:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Lu

just did another search on Scotland people and found Jeannie Rennie Alexander born 15th Dec 1905. at 45 Mabel Street, Motherwell. Parents James Alexander and Jane Hill Christie.

Hi again Mandy   :)

Ah  ... that's great, and it all ties in with other information I've found for the ALEXANDERS.

It appears that after their time at Denniston and Westport, Jane Hill (Jennie / Jean) and some of her children (yes  ... there are some MORE ... details in following post)  ;) - moved to the Nelson area, at the top of the South Island, New Zealand.

Jennie Rennie GREER (name is shown as "Rannie" on the death index and cemetery record) - died at Nelson on 30 October 1989 - aged 85 years.     (The online death index, gives her d.o.b. as "15 December 1903" - I suspect the "3" is a typo and should in fact read as "1905" ?), but anyway, the date and month of birth are a match.)

I haven't been able to find a death notice for Jennie GREER (yet) but the cemetery record notes that she was cremated at Nelson, and that her ashes were returned to "Hagendorns Funeral Services at Westport" !

Earlier I found at the Orowaiti Cemetery, Westport, a monumental inscription for :

"Desmond GREER -  d. 24 August 1941 - aged 13 -1/2 :
Also his grandmother - Jean ALEXANDER - d. 13 August 1954.
At Peace. "
There is an added note re: a burial - "Not shown on headstone - Robert GREER - died 27 June 1962 - aged 62" :

[So Jean ALEXANDER (also died at Nelson) ashes buried with Jennie Rennie and Robert's child, Desmond.   Probably Jennie Rennie's ashes - having been sent to Westport - are also in this same plot ?  ].

Lu