Author Topic: BURKE'S emigrating from Co. Wexford to the USA  (Read 1591 times)

Offline HODGKISS77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BURKE'S emigrating from Co. Wexford to the USA
« on: Wednesday 25 February 09 22:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello.
I am trying to find out how and where would i get the info from for people emmigrating from Co.Wexford in the late 1920's/30's to the USA?
My Grandfather Patrick Burke had a sibling born c1903 whom left Co.Wexford to live in the Usa (Location unknown).Is there any way i could find out?
Any help then please reply
Thank you

Moderator Comment:
See also: Topic: BURKE - Wexford to USA
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,363989.0.html

Title edited to remove excess capital letters.
See Topic: >>----- Guidelines for Postings / Netiquette -----<<, Reply #2 for explanation.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,123033.0.html

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: BURKE'S emigrating from Co. Wexford to the USA
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 February 09 16:13 GMT (UK) »
the US Census for 1920 and 1930 are available on Ancestry - these show Country of birth for each person (along with country of birth of parents).

There are a few Burke's listed born in Ireland around the correct year (1903) - but tracking them down without a first name might be difficult. If this person was a sister to Patrick - who later married.. the search gets a little bit more complicated! 

Have you tried the familysearch Irish BMD Index to trace possible births of Patrick's sibling ? - if you find any matches on the site you can order a research cert from the GRO and check if the parent details match up with Patrick.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BURKE'S emigrating from Co. Wexford to the USA
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 September 09 18:48 BST (UK) »
Topic now closed at request of HODGKISS77. Thank you to everyone for your assistance, aghadowey (moderator)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!