Author Topic: A List of My Cambridgeshire Names  (Read 27404 times)

Offline Racing Girl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: A List of My Cambridgeshire Names
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Ben
Just how many ways are you related to my husband???!!  ;)   Is your Benjamin Hancock in your Golding or Noble tree that you sent me, or is this another, separate line?

Brenda
Durham/NBL - Cummin(g)s, Stokoe, Burdess, Embleton, Stirrup, Bewick, Doney, Lumsdon, Laws, Bloomfield, Hunter, Henderson, Mosman
Lancashire - Stirrup, Molyneux, Rudd, Golding
Cambs - Palmer, Butler, Levitt, Golding, Skeel,  Howard, Hancock, Bowers, Norton, Colman, Peachey, Crane
Surrey - Palmer
Berks - Cruttwell, Bunce, Batten
IOW - Roach, Robinson
Cornwall - Doney, Gumb, Goyne
S Wales - Thomas, Dickinson (via Cumbria)
Coastguard Families: Clark, Fuller, Grant

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 15:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Brenda, Welcome to the House of Fun! which is the extended family tree of the inhabitants of Bot/Lode, Swaffham B etc. etc.  The only Hancock's that I have found so far are the two I mentioned yesterday, no Benjamin, but keep in touch, we are ovbiously looking at the same extended families. By the way, I am not sure about the number of generations I have in the link, as one of my mother's sets of 3great grandparents, were also a set of her 4 great grandparents!
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 15:39 BST (UK) »
Brenda, Have just remembered I also have 2 Goldings, Mary Ann b 1875, probably Bottisham, and Rice b 1897 Bottisham. Any use to you?
Roger
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline benj221171

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 15:59 BST (UK) »
Hello Ben
Just how many ways are you related to my husband???!!  ;)   Is your Benjamin Hancock in your Golding or Noble tree that you sent me, or is this another, separate line?

Brenda

I'm sure there are plenty of other ways I am related to your husband as I have Butlers as well! This is on the Golding side of the family. Martha Hancocks granddaughter was Sarah Fordham,b 1844 in Quy, married Alfred Golding. Alfred and Sarah Golding are my GGG Grandparents and they are on the list of Goldings I sent you. How is your husband related to the Hancocks?

Regards

Ben

Offline Racing Girl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 16:37 BST (UK) »
Hello Roger
Yes it's certainly fun, looks like the entire villages were related in some way.  I saw your earlier posts re Rice Golding from Bottisham but they're not on my tree.... yet!  They might be on Ben's though.... if you do turn out to be related to my husband then you're probably also related to Ben too!

I didn't see a link in any of your posts about the Hancocks?  Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place.

Brenda
Durham/NBL - Cummin(g)s, Stokoe, Burdess, Embleton, Stirrup, Bewick, Doney, Lumsdon, Laws, Bloomfield, Hunter, Henderson, Mosman
Cambs - Palmer, Butler, Levitt, Golding, Skeel,  Howard, Hancock, Bowers, Norton, Colman, Peachey, Crane
Surrey - Palmer
IOW - Roach, Robinson

Offline Racing Girl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 16:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Ben
My husband has a direct link to the Hancocks.  Elizabeth Hancock, bn c1797, to Benjamin in SB married John Howard in SB on 3 Dec 1818.  John became the publican of The Royal Oak in SB, now a private house.  The Howards then married into the Livetts, the Livetts then married into the Butlers all in SB.  I think the Butlers were originally from Bottisham by way of Horningsea.

Brenda
Surrey - Palmer
IOW - Roach, Robinson

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 17:16 BST (UK) »
Reason Brenda, I have concentrated on the two main family lines so far as I am concerned, Ayres and Cornwell, when I started out, shortly after my mother had died aged 99, with no living relatives who knew more than I did about the family I decided to concentrate on these two family names, little realising that the entire village (and area!) seemed to be self related. I saw a tree a few years ago of a similar situation in Lincolnshire, my father's family had only lived in the county 50 years, and not in the village concerned, yet we appeared on two of the lins researched!This though seems more complicated than the Lincolnshire one.

Offline benj221171

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 19:49 BST (UK) »
Hello Roger
Yes it's certainly fun, looks like the entire villages were related in some way.  I saw your earlier posts re Rice Golding from Bottisham but they're not on my tree.... yet!  They might be on Ben's though.... if you do turn out to be related to my husband then you're probably also related to Ben too!

I didn't see a link in any of your posts about the Hancocks?  Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place.

Brenda

Hi Brenda

You will find these on your tree , Mary Ann Golding is the the daughter of Alfred Golding and Sarah Fordham, and descended from Benjamin Hancock and Martha Adams. Alice was her daughter. You will find Mary Ann in the Golding file I sent you.

regards

Ben

Offline NettieS

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 06 May 09 08:09 BST (UK) »

Hello Brenda,

I know that through a Shipp Tree that I have access to that Avis Hancock b 1847 in Swaffham Bulbeck married Isaac Peachy 11th November 1869 and that Isaac's father was David Peachy and that Avis's sister Flower Hancock b 1845 in Swaffham Bulbeck married Thomas Butler 3rd December 1868.
Flower and Thomas had the following Children  Amelia b 1870 Swaffham Bulbeck died 1895, Benjamin b 1871, Alfred b 1873, and Flora b 1874.

The tree also has some Muggleton's from Stow Cum Quy in it.

Regards
Lyne
Bramwell -  Derbyshire and Bolton
Pottinger -  Gloucestershire, Berkshire
James- Gloucestershire
Rawley, Wheeler - Middlesex
Nicholls, Nichols -  Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire
Lee, Porter - Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire
Bowers, Coxall, Coe, Dawkins, Hawkins, Horspoole, Rule - Cambridgeshire
Stoughton - Bedfordshire
Stewart - Stirlingshire,  Glasgow and Edingburgh
Tulloch - Orkney Islands