Author Topic: Patrick Hyland 1897  (Read 4363 times)

Offline maiseydotes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick Hyland 1897
« on: Friday 27 February 09 14:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I have traced my great grandfather back to Harbour Road in Mountmellick (this is the address listed with Guinnesses) where he died age 33 on 11th October 1897. He had retired due to ill health from Guinness and moved his wife and young family back to Mountmellick. I found his record on the Family Search site http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=home which lists his estimated birth year as 1864. I am assuming that since this is an official record with data from the birth, marriages and deaths records that the year they have given for his birth is correct.

On his death my great grandmother moved the family back to Dublin.

I would like to find out about family members and where my great grandfather could be buried (they were very poor). Any suggestions or advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mary

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Hyland 1897
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 February 09 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, but you can't assume all details on certificates are correct, especially death records as the information is given by an informant rather than the person concerned. It would not (and still wasn't last time I did it) necessary to produce a birth certificate when registering a death.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!