Author Topic: CAPSTICK family and Low Park Farm Dillicar *COMPLETED*  (Read 20455 times)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: CAPSTICK family and Low Park Farm Dillicar
« Reply #18 on: Friday 27 August 10 02:41 BST (UK) »
hi guys .. looked at my work my rellie is Dague, so close but not the same . will keep looking tho because my Robert hine married Elanor park around 1800.. mind you i think everyone related to everyone up in them there fells.. love the place . Jan
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline pukeroro

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CAPSTICK family and Low Park Farm Dillicar
« Reply #19 on: Friday 08 October 10 01:52 BST (UK) »
Hello Cee, thanks for your email. I have since found that Mary married Thomas Stephenson in 1829 Lancaster. Ellen the other sister I have no information. thanks Linda

Offline Strickland

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: CAPSTICK family and Low Park Farm Dillicar *COMPLETED*
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 21 February 12 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi, the Stricklands more recently followed the other families. My grandmother was a Strickland from Low Park at Dillicar. They may be related to the Stricklands of Sizergh Castle, south of kendal. The house has a large iron cooking range. The walls are stone held together with a simple lime cement. They crumbled when the railway bought the land and the men on the railway took the lead from the roof to sell. The rain destroyed the rest although the walls are still standing, and the iron range is still there. The house cannot be used because there is no sewer access for miles, and the old soil toilet is up the hill from the river (Lune). Down by the river wild mint grow, and maybe Dill once did. The Vikings were fond of dill, hence the name Dillicar (dill acre). Hillary at Carlsdale farm across the river has aphoto but I have not seen it. They own the land now. Close by the bridge just north of there is Low Borrow Bridge and the Roman barracks, in land owned by the farm there.

Offline skyblueFF

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 25 February 12 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello Strickland.
Thanks for that. I have tried to send you a PM but cannot because you have to have had 3 posts before I can for some reason. You can't send me one either.
Michael
HEISE ,Germany, London and Birkenhead.
HARTWELL. London. Arundel.
CAPSTICK, Westmorland and Liverpool
BUTLER Liverpool
CHARTERS,  Walton Liverpool
GORE,Sefton, Liverpool .
CRUICE Roscommon and Liverpool.
ROBINSON, Westmorland.
ATKINSON,Westmorland.
DACRE, Westmorland.
FORSHAW,Sefton,Liverpool

Offline nametabpoppy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 22 July 19 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hello all on this thread
I trust it's ok to chip in - although I haven't much detail to contribute yet, but I'm confident my own ancestry maps into the various fascinating threads raised here. I'm really just underway - building on a tree infrastructure started by a cousin some years ago.
My father (George Bateman) was brought up at Mountain View, Lowgill; my Mother (Annie Capstick) was brought up at Birkhaw, Howgill. My ancestors are long established in the area either side of the Lune, and current uncles, aunts, cousins etc remain so. I was brought up nearby (Selside), so my boyhood involved many visits (but I haven't waded the Lune).
:)
Bateman, Westmorland,  Bateman, Ontario, Capstick, Hutchinson, Postlethwaite

Offline nametabpoppy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 14 February 22 20:42 GMT (UK) »
To 'Strickland'

If you're still active - I have 3 photos of LowPark when it was farmed - 2 probably when the Strickland family were there. Let me know if you would like them

best wishes
Bateman, Westmorland,  Bateman, Ontario, Capstick, Hutchinson, Postlethwaite

Offline sarah Llandudno

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 27 March 22 14:05 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am a relative too, I believe!  I am a descent of Thomas Capstick, grandson of James Capstick (of Howgill Smithy) .  Thomas (son of Joseph) went to Liverpool to become a policeman.  We have a photo of someone wearing a silver horseshoe tie pin, we are wondering if this could have been Joseph, and that maybe he worked as a blacksmith after your relative Roger left to set up his own farm?

Would love to know who this photograph is of!  Sadly it wont upload but happy to share if anyone thinks they might know.

Best wishes

Sarah

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 27 March 22 16:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah, Welcome to RootsChat.

When you say it will not upload, what error message are you seeing ? It maybe too large, we have a limit of 900kb or maybe the filename is not unique so try re-naming the file.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sarah Llandudno

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 28 March 22 20:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sarah, yes the file was too large it said.