Author Topic: london irish rifles 1944  (Read 11878 times)

Offline bugle boy

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • live and let live
    • View Profile
Re: london irish rifles 1944
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 21 June 12 17:38 BST (UK) »
does any one have an e mail address for the L.I.Rs.Assn?thank you. arnie
Adams,McKittrick. Co Down. N Ireland.

Offline bugle boy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • live and let live
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 06 November 12 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks,

I'm sure we'll find that he was posted to the LIR end August time, that would explain the changes to the letter address, certainly the changes fit in with parts of his later unit details ie 15, 78Div etc.

I'm struggling to find anyone with a copy of the 2/18 war diary, will keep looking.

Pete
hi peter  im interested in the 2nd LIR and found this web hope this is right   bugle boy just checked the web after Iposted  sorry was the wrong web

Offline bugle boy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • live and let live
    • View Profile

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 25 March 24 20:10 GMT (UK) »
Lawrence died in 2006 Leeds area

Hello, I'm just recently registered on this site because I would like to know more from anybody who has a story to share about soldiers of the London Irish Rifles, WW2.  I am researching the whereabouts of one Rifleman Lawrence A. Armitage, age 19 in 1943 who was in Italy after Tunis.  His gravesite is not recorded with the CWGC nor can the LIR Museum give me the how's and where's of his death,  They can only guess he was MIA or killed as a deserter, which I don't believe in this case.  His serial number was: 4694638 and he served with "D" Coy. No. 4 Bn and also 9 Sec. 15 Plt. "G" Coy. 2nd Bn. If there is any old soldierr out there or relative or person in the know, I would like to hear from you.  Thank you.