Author Topic: Croy brass band 1925  (Read 6741 times)

Offline Croy Girl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Croy brass band 1925
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 06 July 13 22:09 BST (UK) »
Hi John

My sister was at marys house last night and was telling mary that you had contacted me.Mary would love to hear from you.If you put 3 posts on here you can private mail me .My 19 year old son has just went through a huge Scoliosis spinal opp in Edinburgh Royal 3 days ago so i have not had much time to contact you.Marys dad was James Kerr so im guessing your on the right track.Mary was also finding it hard in tracking Jackson.Will tx her and let her know what you told me.Dont know Julie that you are talking about but would probably know her father if he is a Croy Currie.What was Julies dads first name.

If you post another post you can send me your email private and i will pass it on to mary for you .

Marguerite

Offline TungchungJohn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Croy brass band 1925
« Reply #19 on: Monday 08 July 13 07:25 BST (UK) »
Dear Marguerite,
I am sorry to hear about your boy, it is a tough time for you both, so concentrate on that, I'll say a prayer for you both.
Julie's dad is John Currie born in Auchinstarry. Julie lives in Smithstone, I always thought that was long knocked down.
I'm visiting our James in Bangkok just now, so I don't have access to all my stuff, but I have signed up for the UK newspaper archives, and found a short report on how Jackson's son Richard (my great grandad) died of exposure in 1907. When I get back I'll send it off to you.
Best wishes
John