Author Topic: John Waring c 1803  (Read 14619 times)

Offline genefer26

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Waring c 1803
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 July 09 00:10 BST (UK) »
Had a Herefordshire researcher working on this in 2000/2001 and nothing showed at all. Dorstone church was closed at one time.Michaelchurch Escley was nearby but there is no batch numbers showing for this church.

Offline RCB

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 July 09 11:26 BST (UK) »
Oh that's a shame, you may be at the end of the road, some records I wanted were lost in a flood in 1910, there were no copies.  Most of my family lines stop around 1800 because records were lost.  cheers Fred

Offline Waring

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 23 December 09 03:39 GMT (UK) »
I have been searching for John Waring who married Catherine Carver for years.  I too have hit a brick wall (for years).  I have a picture of John Waring and Catherine Carver together. It is a copy of the orginal that was in the possession of a Cecil Tucker of Ogden , Utah now dead . He hired researchers about 50 years ago as well as visited England himself.  I have the following on John Waring.
1841 - Berches, Dorstone, Herefordshire, England. - Page 14/15 [3] - John Warein
 John Warin age 35 Labourer. born in Herefordshire County, Eng.
Catherine Warin age 35  born in Herefs. Eng. 
Elizabeth  Warin age 5  born in Herefs. Eng. 
Jonathan Warin age 4    born in Herefs. Eng.
1851- Dorstone, Hereford, England - Page #5 - House #16 - Little Branton - John Waring film#104,253 FHL
John Waring head married age 48 ag. Laborer born St. Peters, Herefs
Catharine Waring wife Marr. age 47 born Dorstone
George Waring son Unmd. age 8 scholar born Dorstone
Emma Waring Dau. unmd. age 5 born Dorstone
Umat ? Richards visitor marr. age 31 Traveling Preachr born Welsh.(Wilsh?)Trowbridge
From his step son, John Carver's diary the following;

"My stepfather, John Waring born of Dorstone, Herefs. Eng. was born 1803. died 18 Oct 1884"  (more coming.

Offline Waring

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 23 December 09 03:42 GMT (UK) »
Marriage Certf. of John Waring and Catherine Carver;
Dorstone Parish -   No. 54   recieved from Frank in Australia. Just a certf.
 " John Waring of  the Parish of Dorstone  and Catherine Carver of the  Parish of Dorstone
  were married in this church by Banns with Conf.  23 Day of July in the Year one thousand eight hundred and 25 by me Samuel Prosser Officiating. 
This marriage was solemnized between us   X The marck of John Waring
                                                                      X The mark of Catherine Carver.
In the  Presence of William Carver        X the mark of  Mary Carver

Offline Waring

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 23 December 09 03:44 GMT (UK) »
 More on John Waring
John Carver's Memo book in possession of Rita Sant and was written part by Parley P. Carver and his   father ,  John Carver.    "pg. 7 John Waring born November 20, 1803  (words in margin)  Step father.  Died October 18, 1884,     aged 81. "
         Dorstone Burial Reg.: d. 1884 Oct 21   John Waring , Dorstone, age 82 years.

Offline Waring

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 23 December 09 03:58 GMT (UK) »
 John Carver family records says that John Waring was born in Furness.  I found out that Furness was a part of  Pellam. Furness I believe was changed to Pellam.  Pellam was a house in Dorstone. There was Pellam and Little Pellam. I do not know which one he was born in. The two houses were just yards apart, and not to far from the town center of Dorstone.  Most records say John Waring was born in Hereford city.
William Waring from the same area was born in Winforten. I do not know if he is any relation at all.  John Carver was the illigt. son of Catherine. Carver. We have never found out who his biological father was but he was raised by John Waring. 

Offline genefer26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 23 December 09 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Thank you for adding to the John Waring search.  I have not heard of Pellam but have a small book on Dorstone so will have a look and search even further.

The William Waring of Winforten is not the William Waring who went to America, he is part of the other Waring family of Herefordshire.  I believe there could be a link but as yet not found it.  I do have a copy of the marriage cert as well for John Waring and Catherine Carver.  Their son William was born only about 6 weeks after the marriage and his christening has not been found.  For me personally have found Hereford records not as up to date as some counties in the UK. 

Which Waring are you linked through?  Mine is George Waring who died after contracting pneumonia, he was only 46.  Yet John Carver, William Waring and Elizabeth Waring all lived to their nineties.  Patricia Waring

Offline genefer26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 24 December 09 00:31 GMT (UK) »
Have googled Pellam Herefordshire.   Came up with Furneux Pelham in Hertfordshire which is a completly different county many miles, probably over 100  from the County of Herefordshire which is right on the Welsh border.

Have found in research that some people do confuse the two counties as with there being only one character different in the spelling it is easy to do.

Offline Waring

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 31 December 09 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Dear Pat
    I believe that I have heard your name  mentioned by Ruth Kelly. I am a distant cousin of hers.  I desc. through John Waring and Catherine Carver by the way of John Carver.  John Carver had a son named Lewis Henry Carver.  Lewis H. was my grandfather. I try to do genealogy when I can but it is sporatic as you can see how long it took me to answer this. I am sorry, I really am busy and have a large family. I will try to do better.   :) Tried to attach photo. Hope it worked