Author Topic: Baptisms - Mancetter  (Read 14501 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Baptisms - Mancetter
« Reply #81 on: Friday 13 March 09 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Sods Law!

Riddy Murphy.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Friday 13 March 09 14:34 GMT (UK) »
Ps I'm going on Abraham witness either bother or cousin Same granddad.

I would like to thank everbody for there help with this from All
and especialy Bumbleb without her offline help and  I would not have got this far also finding Sarah Botts Death 1732 to realizing 3 marriages of Son Thomas b 1805/6 and her keen eye. The deep rooted  info of Stan raising and pointing out this tax on bapts in relation to these late 18th century Bapts.

Thanks Sue on page post set up.

As far as I'm concerned post now completed.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday 25 March 09 02:02 GMT (UK) »
Bumbleb and other posters now go to

this link as This post is growing and heating up.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=368972.new;topicseen#new

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday 07 April 09 19:07 BST (UK) »
On returning home & parking the car, a nip into  to the local pub for quick pint! Anyway as one thing leads to another and lads having a natter about important things in life like, golf, football, ways & excuses of lowering their wife's house keeping money to buy more pints of beer ! like inceased travel costs or if she's not into motoring? then the car electic bills gone up or what ever! we got on to these Private Baptisms. Well to cut a long story short? old Thos in the corner! pint in one hand & Pipe in the other, toes toasting off by the fire in his usual seat. (Must have reach a 100 ~10 birthdays ago) Suddenly shouts "out side lue Muck art ( out) day"every second Sunday of the month".

"Yond Vicar would pick it up with his human radar in the prevailing winds across the fens 3 streets away! being educated an all! unlike us country folk! thats why he have more than one church."

Food for thought

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Thursday 30 July 09 17:25 BST (UK) »
Hi, all
To carry on this about the topic Baptisms
 maybe you like to give your views on this link

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,395760.0.html

Dobby