Author Topic: St. Thomas' church Skirbeck Quarter Boston  (Read 43104 times)

Offline pamthomas

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St. Thomas' church Skirbeck Quarter Boston
« Reply #135 on: Saturday 20 January 24 16:02 GMT (UK) »
There is something wrong with these records or is just me approaching senility?
In this case, RR, I'm sorry to say but it's you.  :) Well, some bits, as you have the month correct, and given the usual weather we can get in January you no doubt remembered that bit correctly as well.  ;D

FreeBMD only has one Buff death registration in Boston registration district between 1961 and 1970. John T Buff, aged 75.
FreeREG has the burial date as 19 January 1965. And the PR also has noted 'plot number 535 (ex verger).

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Saturday 20 January 24 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Might not be me yer But will reokt when I access the family tree  not tonight though.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline pamthomas

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: Saturday 20 January 24 23:07 GMT (UK) »
There is something wrong with these records or is just me approaching senility?
In this case, RR, I'm sorry to say but it's you.  :) Well, some bits, as you have the month correct, and given the usual weather we can get in January you no doubt remembered that bit correctly as well.  ;D

FreeBMD only has one Buff death registration in Boston registration district between 1961 and 1970. John T Buff, aged 75.
FreeREG has the burial date as 19 January 1965. And the PR also has noted 'plot number 535 (ex verger).
Sorry, I meant to add March quarter 1965, which would tie in with the burial date on FreeREG.

Also forgot to say, that if you no longer go to Boston, because you have a date of burial  (and back in those days burials usually took place within about ten days of death, often quicker) if you ask nicely via an email to Boston library they will probably send you copies of John/Jack's obituary/funeral report taken from the original newspapers, rather than any filmed ones. I can't remember when the filmed newspapers end; possibly about the end of the 1950s which is the current limit on the BNA website.
Depending on the day of the week a person died and was buried, you could have an obituary one week and a funeral report the next; or a combined report in one week.