Author Topic: Mangan, Lane, Fehan  (Read 2576 times)

Offline ahb09

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mangan, Lane, Fehan
« on: Friday 06 March 09 10:38 GMT (UK) »
From a wonderful report researched by Limerick Genealogy I found my 3xgreat grandparents John and Johanna Mangan (nee Lane or Fehan?). Their children were baptised in the parishes of Adare, Croagh and Manister between 1833 and 1846. The eldest three children came to London - Anastasia, Thomas and Terence (my great-great grandfather, he married Mary Curran in Patrickswell 1863) but there were at least three other children - John, Johanna and Patrick who probably stayed in Limerick.  From a newspaper report I found about a Croom hurling champion its possible that this Patrick had six sons including one called Terence or 'Ter' who all played hurling for Croom.

Looking for any information about the Limerick side of the family?

Offline cate34

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mangan, Lane, Fehan
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 June 09 13:46 BST (UK) »
HI
I don't know if this is of any help you'd have to know/check the dates but my grandfather was Patrick Mangan born 1895  churchtown newcastle west limerick and his sister was Johanna Mangan born 1898 Ardagh/Newcastle West Limerick. At present I don't know much more, or of a John(although their parents were John and Kate).
If this is of any interest/help fell free to email me: (*)
:o) Julie Balfour (maiden name Mangan)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline ahb09

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 June 09 15:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply. I think its possible there's a connection, your great-grandfather John could be the brother of Terrence, Anastasia and Thomas (who came to London) as we know they had brothers called John and Patrick who stayed in Ireland. Do you have any information about your John and wife Kate?

Ann

Offline cate34

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 October 09 01:26 GMT (UK) »
haven't checked back for quite a while but i'll let you know what i have found out and see if it is any help to you.
i have a john mangan born 1864 dying 1902 Newcastle Ireland
john married kate scanlon/scanlan
and after johns death she remarried thomas mullins with thomas passing away 1953
have childrens names etc but think you are looking for johns actual siblings/parents etc so will wait to see if dates for john are relevan
:o) Julie