Author Topic: John Love ALLEN  (Read 9168 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN LOVE ALLEN
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Looks like this might be some of your family:

Michael Ryan m. Mary O'Neil (see www.familysearch.org)
1. Joseph born 9 Feb.1872 Co.Derry (not Strabane)
2. David born 21 Nov.1873 Londonderry (city) district, Co.Derry
3. Patrick born 2 Mar.1876 Co.Derry
4. Rebecca born 14 Apr.1878 Co.Derry

From the same source is Mary Jane Dempsey born 28 Oct.1867 Articlave district, daughter of Daniel Dempsey & Mary Jane McGonigal.
(the 0749 in your post is the page number in the birth register).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 11:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much. I searched familysearch.org and came up with nothing. I will have another look just to satisfy myself, after lunch.
Wilson, Manchester & Stockport;  Swain, Liverpool, Stockport & Wallasey;  Taylor, Liverpool;  Hitchen, Liverpool and  Northwich. Bradwell of Bradwell, Derbys.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 12:20 GMT (UK) »
I found the entries by doing parent search- on the main search page fill in father's first and last name then mother's first name (and last if known) and nothing else, then click search.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Owenbeg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 16 June 11 17:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Mary hope you are still checking out Rootschat as I have information regarding John Love Allen. John Allen was born July 1907 Yorkshire where his father was working at that time. His father was Joseph Allen 1860-1924 and mother was Martha Jane Ross 1869-1948. The Allen family lived at Ballyrisk , Limavady, Co Derry where members of the family still farm. Joseph and Martha are buried in the Reformed Pres. Church, Limavady were they have a headstone.
John Allen was one of 12 siblings. You have a large number of relatives in the USA, and also relatives in and around the Limavady area.
Regards,
Ronnie

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 17 June 11 22:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Ronnie,
Thank you so very much for all the information on John Love ALLEN.
I had almost given up on any hope of finding any relations
I have just been onto the 1901c and found John's father Joseph ALLEN living as a boarder in Middlesborough. Interesting he is there with a friend named John LOVE. I wonder if that is where John Love Allen got his name.
Do you have any more nuggets you could pass on or could you tell me where I could find some more information.
Once again thank you very much for your help.
Sincerely
Mary
Wilson, Manchester & Stockport;  Swain, Liverpool, Stockport & Wallasey;  Taylor, Liverpool;  Hitchen, Liverpool and  Northwich. Bradwell of Bradwell, Derbys.

Offline Owenbeg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 18 June 11 00:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Mary, good to know that you got my mail.
Yes I think your father was given Love as a middle name as the Love family were neighbours. Check out Ireland National Archives 1901/1911 census for co Londonderry, and in DED box enter KEADY. Here you will find the Allen Family. Also if you enter Ross as surname you will find my grandfather Sam Ross who was a Brother of Martha Allen. Their father Robert Ross and mother Jane Forsythe can also be found, our great grandparents. Bedtime now but will give info on the siblings of Jack tomorrow.

Ronnie

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 18 June 11 16:16 BST (UK) »
Hello - it is a good job that it is raining today as I have spent the whole time on this computer finding out that I did have a family!! Thank you so much for the help. I do so look foward to hearing from you again.
Sincerely
Mary

Offline Owenbeg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 18 June 11 20:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary here is installment number two.
Siblings of Jack Love Allen.

Joseph Allen born 4/9/1899  Died England  Married a Derry girl, Kathleen Elvin in St Columbs Cathedral, Derry. Living family in England.  Elvin family tree on Ancestry.

Jane Forsythe Allen born Ballyrisk 1889. Married a Richard King from Glasgow and lived and died in RyeBeach, New Hampshire, USA  Two children Allen King and Richard King both deceased. Present day family living East Coast and West Coast USA. Purchase yourself a copy of "Parched "from Amazon by author Heather King. Costs less than 2£ and will give you a lot of information.  King family history on Ancestry, check out under Ethel Elizabeth Donnellon.

Maud Allen born 1893.  Lived Boston USA.   single.

Clara Allen born 1894. Lived Philadelphia USA. Died 1974    single

Samuel Kennedy Allen born 1897. Married a girl from Portrush Called Craig. Lived in Philadelphia and had a son called Craig Allen. Did see a small family tree Ancestry but cannot now locate it.

Sarah Allen born 1899.  Sarah went to Canada in early 30`s but nothing known as to her outcome.

George Hastings Allen born 1899 and died about 1980. Married Jeannie Loughrey from Balteagh, Limavady .The present family   run the farm at Ballyrisk.

Stanley Allen born 1901 married  Florence ???.   They had two of a family a boy and a girl.

Meta Allen, born 1903 married Henry Olson. Both died in San Diego USA. No family.

Robert James Ross Allen, Born 1895. Married to Anna C Taylor 1917 in Philadelphia. Died the following year 1918 from pneumonia.

Edith Allen born 1904. Died 12/9/1928 at Antrim Hospital from diphtheria.

A few more names for your family tree Mary. These names were given to me by a daughter of Joseph Allen/Kathleen Elvin who passed away recently.
Regards Ronnie

Offline James Allen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 21 December 11 15:42 GMT (UK) »
Hallo Marie,

My Name is James Allen, born * in Derry. My Grandfather`s Name was John Love Allen.
John married a R.C. Sarah Ryan. She was a Derry Girl. My Grandfather came from Limavady. Both lived in Derry, 37 North St. Rosemount.
They had two Children, a Boy, * * (*) and a Girl known to me as *.
I think * had a Son called *. My Dad told us They lived in England but he never said were.
I left Derry in 1970 and now live in Germany.
By the Way Grandmother died 1963 -1965.
So give me a call and we can go from there.
PS. Sarah remarried a Patrick Kelly. Patrick died in 1968.

My Mail Address is (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

* details of living/possibly living people have been removed in accordance with Rootschat policy