Author Topic: John Love ALLEN  (Read 9167 times)

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN LOVE ALLEN
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 21 December 11 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello James,
Pleased to meet you. It does sound as though we are related.
Unfortunately I can't send you a PM (private message) until you have made three posts and this site won't let you put your private addresses on.
Wilson, Manchester & Stockport;  Swain, Liverpool, Stockport & Wallasey;  Taylor, Liverpool;  Hitchen, Liverpool and  Northwich. Bradwell of Bradwell, Derbys.

Offline James Allen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Love ALLEN
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 27 December 11 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello Marie.
Like you, I've been looking for a long time for my aunt.  When I was a young man (16), a aunt sent me a card for my birthday.  All my questions  about her  were never answered.
 To determine whether we are indeed related, I have a few questions for you, if you dont mind.
 Did you know my grandmother's address in Rosemount that i sent in my last mail?
 What was the instrument in the house and in which room was it?
 Do you  remember the name of my mother?
 What kind of sport did Grandmother  sometimes play?

Sorry  about  my bad englisch.  But I have been living in Germay for the past 38 Years.
 I am really looking forward to an answer from you,
i wish you a   Merry Christmas.
James.

Offline maryallen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 29 December 11 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Dear James, It was a real thrill to hear from you.  I have only recently got my own laptop and my friend has been doing some searching for me .  I have much more information of course but will only share it when we can
email each other.  The instrument in the front room was a piano, which my poor mother tried unsuccessfully
to encourage me to play and I remember it cost her 2/6p in old money for tuition !

I have only just joined RootsChat so will also have a probationary period before PM mail is allowed.

Best wishes for 2012.

Mary
John Love Allen

Offline James Allen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 31 December 11 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mary.
I sent an e-mail yesterday to your home address, did you get it? If not let me know because like you I am very excited.
James.