Author Topic: Ball Family: Penge & Croydon  (Read 4465 times)

Offline LAS1015

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ball Family: Penge & Croydon
« on: Sunday 08 March 09 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Was wondering if anyone knows of the following family &/or their 'other halfs'?:

Elizabeth Amy BALL b. 1914 Penge; married in Bromley 1935 to Thomas SPAULDING b. 1914 Bromley.
John Henry BALL b. 1915 Croydon; married in Beckenham 1935 to Annie May SIMMONS b. 1915 Beckenham.  My Grandparents!
Lilian BALL b. 1918 Croydon
Violet A BALL born and died 1918 Croydon
Florence Rose BALL b. 1923 Croydon; married in Beckenham 1945 to William Thomas BARNSDALE b. 1916 Beckenham.
George A BALL born and died 1926 Croydon.
Phyllis Joan BALL b. 1930 Penge she was possibly married to an Edward W. STEVENS.
Georgina Kathleen BALL b. 1933 - she possibly died in 1968.
Would appreciate any help - Many Thanks!

Moderator Comment:
RootsChat policy is not to publish details of living people, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
If you have any information please use the Personal Message (PM) system to exchange personal data.

Offline GypsyK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ball Family: Penge & Croydon
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 August 11 23:51 BST (UK) »
Hi I have George, John, Henry Ball all through my family tree back to early 1600's in Kent and Sussex. What would you like to know?
Kaz
 :)

Offline LAS1015

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 August 11 00:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Kaz,

My earliest Ball family member is Henry Ball born 1836 Upnor, Frindsbury, Kent.  His father's name is Amos but I can find  no other mention of him anywhere - (he just seemed to have vanished as I can't find a death for him).  He married Henry's mother Sarah, (nee Gurr), on Christmas Day 1835 at All Saints, Frindsbury, Kent.  Sarah Gurr was born in Frindsbury, Kent in 1816. 

Sarah then married Charles Stevens when Henry was a very young child so in some of the census returns Henry calls himself Ball and in others 'Stevens' (it was a nightmare at first trying to sort this out!!!). 

I really do wish I could find out more about my Ball family but Amos Ball is a major brick wall for me ... and I really can't see a way around, over or through it!!! :(

Any help/advice would be really, really welcome.
Best wishes,  Lesley

Offline GypsyK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 11 August 11 01:49 BST (UK) »
Okay hunnie, I,ve searched but cant find him either. I'm now kinda guessing that Amos Ball was most likely born in a different area and not Kent. All mine are from Kent but they were /are Gypsies. I'll keep looking for you and i'll let you know if I come up with anything.
luv
Kaz
x

Offline LAS1015

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 11 August 11 10:19 BST (UK) »
Ah Thanks for looking Darlin' :)  it would be so lovely to find the old 'so and so' and finally knock down that old brick wall of mine :)
luv Lesley x

Offline GypsyK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 11 August 11 15:18 BST (UK) »
It's hard work init lol
I'm trying to find my nans family. She was  Baker before she married grandad Ball. Just waiting for her birth certificate so I can move forward with that. It's so frustrating!!!!
xxx